WestPennPete's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Apr 1, 2021 2:57 AM

Voice2Go personal phone numbers

With the upcoming retirement of the Xfinity Connect App, and retirement of Voice2Go,  I assume this means that all of the assigned additional Voice2Go telephone numbers the were created and linked to secondary user accounts will now be deleted/turned off with the retirement?

Responses

ComcastBecker

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

1 m ago

WestPennPete -

That is correct - the numbers will be disconnected, and all associated call logs and voicemail will be deleted.  As they are virtual numbers, they cannot be "Ported" to be used with a landline or mobile phone service (Xfinity or otherwise).

Please make sure to download any call logs or voicemail you wish to retain before that time at http://connect.xfinity.com/voice. 

Call logs can be saved by choosing the Voice2Go number in question and selecting "Print All" from the Actions menu (you can more easily copy, print, or print to a PDF file from there). 

Voicemail can be downloaded by clicking on the "Options" button on each voicemail.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

@ComcastBecker I still have YET to see the WHY behind this ridiculous decision!!!  I use my Voice2Go throughout my day to monitor and answer my home phone.  There is NO "work-around" for this like you have suggested for email.... which by the way does NOT work anywhere nearly as well via this web portal as it does using the Connect App.  This is a HUGE step backward for Xfinity... WHY ARE YOU RETIRING THIS APP???  Are you seriously trying to send your customers over to Verizon?!  Because that is what will happen.

Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

1 m ago

@emn22 Does Verizon have an email app that also includes voice mail notifications for a land line?  [Curious]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

1 m ago

@emn22 - I completely understand that this was a feature you love and use daily, and that its removal has an impact to you and a number of others.  The Voice2Go service and Xfinity Connect app was fairly unique and innovative for an ISP/landline phone provider to offer!   I'm not aware of another major telecom or cable provider who offered something that combined all of those same features in one place in quite the same way.

The reality that it was a business decision based on many factors - one of which was a steep decline in usage in recent years, and another being an overall strategy to focus on streamlining our apps and focusing on innovating on features and benefits that folks use and ask for the most.  I know however that any explanation won't change the fact that you (and others) will miss the app. 

We are here though in this forum to help - and while many solutions aren't identical to the experience you have had in the Xfinity Connect app, the goal is always to help provide alternate means to the same end or help you through the change.  Some alternatives might be just as convenient or even easier to use - but with a slight learning curve in the beginning.  Others might not be - but we'll do our best to assist either way.

I was also a heavy user of the Connect App, but since we have announced its retirement, I have found that using a 3rd Party Mail app is actually slightly faster.  I have helped my parents and in-laws quickly adapt to using connect.xfinity.com and connect.xfinity.com/voice (a shortcut to the sites on their phone's launcher helped!) for e-mail and to check voicemail... and I was able to set up text notifications to my cell phone when new voicemails arrive and use Advanced Call forwarding in lieu of Voice2Go on my wife's phone, since she likes being able to answer calls to the home phone on her cell.

Please let us know what more we might be able to do to help - the Community Forum has a lot of expertise in folks like @Again and many others.  We'll do our best to assist. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

@ComcastBecker
To quote you - "I'm not aware of another major telecom or cable provider who offered something that combined all of those same features in one place in quite the same way."

There is not one that I know of either... which WAS, I repeat WAS, a distinct competitive advantage for Xfinity/Comcast that you, in your infinite STUPIDITY have given up, now making you not only just a run-of-the-mill provider - but also one who is now WAY over-priced!!!   STUPID STUPID MOVE COMCAST!!!

kevin_sh

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@ComcastBecker Ridiculous answer.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastBecker You and your lame decisions are driving me away!!!!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastBecker Okay, so what was your 3rd party App?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Okay, so what was your 3rd party App? For phone calls?

New to the Community?

Start Here