linglett's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 16, 2021 12:00 PM

Updating folders

When I add a folder using My Xfinity email on my desk top, my Xfinity Connect app on my Iphone is no longer updating to show new folders added.  This has been happening for the last few days.  I can move emails into existing folders and they show on my phone.  But if I add a new folder, the new folder doesn't show.

Responses

ForrestS

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 m ago

Yes, I see this problem too.  I am limited to iPhone usage.  I was able to create a new mail folder using xfinity.com email in Safari browser then requesting desktop website.  I was able to move items from inbox to the new folder in the browser.

But bring up the app, as I much prefer, the folder is not seen.

I had planned on some saved mail reorganization today, and I still want to end up using the app when done.  My plans are now on hold since I won't have any access to mail in new folders using the app.

ForrestS

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 m ago

It seems there is a dreadful lag time between creating a new email folder outside the app, then seeing that folder in the app.

Using the app, I see the folder I created more than 24 hours ago. But I do not see the folder I created 4 to 6 hours ago.

Hardly the best engineering, Comcast.
ForrestS

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 m ago

I tried again just now. Looks like things now work. I created a folder via browser, terminated the app, restarted the app. Folder appeared in the app.

I also terminated/restarted the app in previous tries. So something definitely got fixed since my previous post.
Mr-DJ

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 m ago

Same exact issue here. But also seem to have related issue. I emptied and deleted 3 folders. Now listed under the Trash Folder, but want to permanently delete from there. As always I was able to do so on my desktop, but only 2 disappeared on my laptop, and ALL are still there on my iPhone. Closing Outlook on all devices and then re-opening starting with the primary device (desktop), then the others - has not caused them to update. And this issue has not resolved overnight (it’s been a few days now) as I expect the new folder issue to do after 24 hours. Any ideas?
ForrestS

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 m ago

Any ideas??

Yes, Comcast reps monitoring these forums should get this info to the relevant software developers, and acknowledge us here to let us know we’ve been heard. Is that radical? (Doubt so; my elderly Mom says “no, that would be what in my day was called Customer Service. You may remember it from History class.”).

Seriously, the behavior is as if only desktop browser has direct access to anyone’s email directory (folder) structure. It is as if other access, like mobile, involves the Comcast mail servers *replicating* directory info with whatever linkages to actual email data?! (But done imperfectly.). But why *that*, why can’t the mobile app just have the mail server *directly* access the underlying structures that got set earlier via desktop access?
Mr-DJ

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 m ago

I think I figured out part of my problem. I have two WiFi devices.  One is a Velop mesh system (works great).  The other - my Xfinity modem comes with its own WiFi which I previously had no reason to use, since I had the better mesh system (Needed for our 4-floor Town Home).  But then when I upgraded my Xfinity bundle last year, they temporarily offered free Xfinity "Pods" (which is their version of a mesh system), so of course I took them.  Having actively compared the two now, I find I generally do get better results from the Xfinity. 

But here's the 'clicker' that brings me back to my response.  My primary Desktop P/C, is in my first floor study, and connected to the Velop.  So it appears that my issue was having my different devices on different WiFi access.  So I started over and made sure all were on same access. My SurfacePro then came in line with my Desktop, and although my iPhone (which is where my biggest concern was) did not - at first, if finally did after 1 day (or 2?) when I saw that it had. 

Now all is OK.  And I publish in the event that someone having this issue, might have the same situation with dual WiFi.

ForrestS

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 m ago

...and as we learned today, all of this will soon be moot when they retire this app in April, forcing iPhone users to access via their URL via web browser.
Mr-DJ

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 m ago

Yes, this is unfortunately true. And makes no sense. I cannot imagine anything less than 99% of Comcast users, also accessing their email via this app when on their portable devices. So I only buy the ‘not enough usage’ for the Voice to Go. feature, not the email. 😞

New to the Community?

Start Here