emn22's profile

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

Tue, Apr 20, 2021 7:54 PM

This is UNACCEPTABLE!

OK... my observations on day one of NOT having a working Connect App...

While I can go through the cumbersome and slow internet portal to get to my email I can NOT file any nor can I delete any without first opening them and I must do this ONE at a time!  Also, I do NOT get any notifications that  I even HAVE any email.

I tried to use my resident email app that came with my phone to access my Comcast.net email but it will NOT recognize the account!!!

And of course, there is the additional issue that I can no longer monitor my home phone number.  

WTF Xfinity???   All these problems... and you have the AUDACITY to advertise how you want to help keep people "connected"  This is BS of the utmost degree.  There is now no longer ANY competitive advantage to use your product and I will be investigating competitors - unless this issue is corrected!!!

Responses

ComcastMarcos

Official Employee

• 

177 Messages

22 d ago

Hello, @, thank you for taking the time to reach out in our forum and giving me a chance to help with your email concerns. I live out of my inbox and use my email app daily, so I totally get why you need to access those emails. When you access your 3rd party email app, can you please check the following: settings>security>click enable 3rd party access? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

@ComcastMarcos

Finally, an answer that at least helped at least a little.  Enabling 3rd party access did allow me to set up my resident email app which now gives me new mail notifications.  HOWEVER, it is a very poor substitute for the Connect App as I can ONLY synch a few days of emails before it crashes and refuses to work properly.  The XfinityConnect App was seamless allowing access to ALL my emails on the go.

Oh, and today I was out briefly and when I returned home I found I had missed a phone call I would have LOVED to have been able to pick up at the time because the office that called was closed by the time I heard the message so I get to play phone tag with them tomorrow... yay! 

AGAIN... this app retirement is simply UNACCEPTABLE and absolutely HORRENDOUS customer "service"!! 

Official Employee

• 

177 Messages

@, I'm so glad you were able to change that setting and get access to your emails in a way that is much more convenient for you. Thank you for taking the time to update that setting and provide your feedback in our forum. Your feedback is the best for us to update and improve products for the future. We never want you to feel this way, but I'm definitely in your corner to help in any way that I can. Other than the Connect app, did you have any other concerns that I could help with? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Brigid272

Frequent Visitor

• 

36 Messages

14 d ago

I agree with the original poster. Give us a functioning email app please!!! I'm not going to bother to set up a third party app. I've been accessing email through the lousy web portal. But as I detailed in another post--it doesn't work for editing drafts of emails!!!

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

@Brigid272 the  Don't bother with the 3rd party thing ... it really does not work for anything other than alerting me to an email that I can address later on my laptop.  The fact that the dedicated Connect App was discontinued is -edited-  Besides the email debacle... I have now spent 4 days playing phone tag trying to make an appointment because I could not grab the call on my cell.  And FW-ing all calls to my cell is not going to happen ... I get -edited- too many scam calls that would have it ringing constantly!  -this post has been edited for violating forum guidelines-

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here