Stamp of Approval
1st Kudo
1st Topic

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 22, 2020 10:00 AM

Texting feature being discontinued

The texting feature of the Connect app being discontinued is extremely disappointing.  I use this feature all of the time.  It is a very valuable feature to me.  We have been Comcast customers for many years.  This is one of the best benefits they have ever offered.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Responses

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

TOATALLY AGREE THAT THIS IS A DIS-SERVICE TO XFINITY CUSTOMERS AND NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY IT IS BEING DONE. NO SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE WE CAN GET COMPARABLE SERVICE.  

fred40fl

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

that feature is how i do most of my communications because of my disabiliies.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

This is the only way I communicate with some people. Now I’m not sure how I’m going to do that! I think having that service and letting people use it and get used to it, then taking it away is just wrong!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I had a cell phone from 2006 just up until two weeks ago. The old one was horrible to text on. Finally joined the 21st century and bought a normal smartphone. Now I have no use to text from my home phone which I thought was pretty cool.  I suspect that unlike myself most people have had a mobile phone they used to text. So I believe the feature is just not cost effective for them to keep. Now with a new cell phone I really would not use the feature to text from my home phone. I believe that is the reason.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

It is a nice feature. Apparently it is not being used by the majority of Xfinity customers. Probably because most do their texting on their mobile phone. Most people don't even have a home phone anymore. I still use mine a lot. 

I have noticed that when I sent a long text to someone it would be broken up into 3 or 4 separate texts on the revcieving end. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

After using my connect app text number as a recovery number for most of my other apps, now i have to change it all over again. i prefored this texting apps.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

I have no cell signal at my home, the connect apps was perfect for me to text & for email. Idk what to do now???

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I travel Internationally a lot and don’t always have access to my cellphone service and SMS, nor do I trust the privacy of my texts in those countries. This app allowed me to get my 2fa anywhere and on any of my devices.
This feature is essential!

How and where do we submit our complaints?

eggted

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 y ago

I called [Edited: "Personal Information"] Comcast corporate office and complained about losing the texting feature. He said if they hear from enough people, they might opt to reverse their  decision.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here