allikat7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:00 PM

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

Responses

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

I believe it might very well be the time to CUT THE CORD.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

OK. So I am retired and me and my wife share one moile one tablet and one laptop. On the mobile is my wifes gmail and my comcast.net email with the xfinity connect app. I get notifications and easy access to my comcast email and she has easy access to hers.  On the tablet I have access to my comcast email and notifications through the connect app. When I go the internet and a long wait to login to my email for security reasons I have to put a code to access my account everytime.  Unacceptable when I have a quick and secure way now through the connect app. Stop the canceling of a needed app. PLEASE!  I'm calling soon to protest peacefully soon!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

I use this app multiple times daily.  Checking mail via a web browser on a phone is NOT a good alternative.  PLEASE KEEP THIS APP!!!  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Hello Xfinity...

Do not retire the Connect App. I use it routinely to check email and voice messages I get on your phone service.

I followed your instructions and got the email set up. But what about checking my phone messages remotely???? I started using this function a year ago and found it very useful.  

This change with out any alternatives is extremly poor planning on your part.  

Please do not do this!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Creating a shortcut on an iPhone or iPad

Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌.
Navigate to connect.xfinity.com
Type your username and password. If you wish, check the box to "Stay Signed In." to make it faster to access next time
Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen.
You should now have an icon that you can tap to view your e-mail quickly!

Thanks for this great tip! Followed these instructions and am all set up. Took me about 2 minutes. Stinks about the app but this has a similar feel

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 m ago

How the heck did this get best answer? From reading all the comments and concerns posted here this is by far the WORST answer. In xfinity's own words in one of their referenced links, they advise against 3rd party apps for security, yet they recommend just that in this answer. Typical.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Comcast has the worst policies ever!
I use this app several times daily.
All they are motivated by is $$$.
Customer service is a distant second!
This is the absolute last straw for me.
clairer

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Totally agree . This really makes me angry. I use the connect app to check my email from my phone EVERY DAY.

Xfinity, you are making a serious mistake. You clearly didnt ask your customers.

Xfinity, KEEP THE APP

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

The voice2go feature is one of the main reasons we originally signed up for the service. If it's no longer going to be available, we'll be looking to switch our provider.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Please DO NOT discontinue the email app!!!!!  Like so many others, my husband and I rely on this app everyday to retrieve important messages.  We cannot fathom why XFinity would decide to discontinue it, but it simply can't be due to low usage.  Please reconsider your decision or many of us will also have a decision to make!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

A million plus downloads and it's considered low use? Is this new math? Common core math? Get rid of the voice2go but keep the email!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 m ago

I was able to get the icon but it is lacking what is most important to me. Notifications when emails are received. In a meeting I can glance at my watch when an email notification comes in and know if it is something requiring immediate action. I desperately need these notifications. So no this cannot replace the app for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

This is so bogus! I really like and use this app all day long. I sure hope they have a replacement. Voice-to-Go I could care less about, but the email/voice functions are very useful.

tomg88

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 m ago

Logging into a web page is convenient??
Mark4482

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

3 m ago

Most people are comlaining about the retirement of this app due to the email access. I for one like to actually use this app to make calls as an alternative to my regular cell phone calls because I live ina poor coverage area for cell phones and using the Wifi calling to call people has been a life saver for me at times. Will I still be able to make Wifi calls som other way Using my Xfinity Wifi? I pay a ton of money for Xfinity TV and internet and feel my value is now even worse than ever. And the value was never all that great. I truly hate Comcast.

New to the Community?

Start Here