allikat7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:00 PM

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

Responses

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Unfortunately mapping to Outlook doesn't bring all my folders over, so it just won't work for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

We need to speak with out wallets. I will cancel my voice service.

84lion

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 m ago

I have used this app on my Android phones for years.  It works well and it's very convenient.  When I saw the notice this morning that the app was being sunset I was very disappointed.  I'd prefer not to have to switch to a third-party e-mail app on my phone, and accessing e-mail on my phone via a web browser is an inconvenient alternative.  I use this app to check my Xfinity e-mails on my phone every day.  Xfinity, please reconsider the decision to sunset this app!

Mere1948

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

"That would be big news to share with our customers" for crying out loud Xfinity!
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

As much as I don't like Comcast, I do like the Xfinity Connect app. I have so much history that I refer to often in my folders. I'm going to fight to keep the app!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

One more reason not to stay with Comcast next time Verizon makes a better offer.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Past angry. Time to move on. We have been talking about this for years. We “only” pay 100/month, but we have the most basic of TV programing. Now I have to go through the website just to get my email? Luckily, I only checked on email account through the app, but it’s where all our bills go. Easy enough to change. The time has come to move on.

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

3 m ago

Hey all -

In the spirit of being helpful and offering as many solutions as possible, I wanted to provide some information on how to easily create an icon on your iPhone or Android home screen that should still quickly take you to your e-mail.   

I have actually be using this method for a few weeks knowing that we would eventually phase out the Connect App, and this has worked very well for me!  It took a little getting used to, but I actually found that e-mails opened faster... and after a few days, I could navigate through the web experience just as easily as in the Connect App.  As always, your mileage may vary! 

Creating a shortcut on an iPhone or iPad

1. Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌.
  2. Navigate to connect.xfinity.com
  3. Type your username and password. If you wish, check the box to "Stay Signed In." to make it faster to access next time
  4. Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
  5. Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen.
  6. You should now have an icon that you can tap to view your e-mail quickly!

Creating a shortcut on an Android phone

1. Launch Chrome app.
  2. Navigate to connect.xfinity.com
  3. Type your username and password. If you wish, check the box to "Stay Signed In." to make it faster to access next time
  4. Tap Menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
  5. You'll be able to enter a name for the shortcut, then tap "Add."
  6. You should now have an icon that you can tap to view your e-mail quickly

As mentioned elseshwere in this thread, many of our customers these days to elect to use the 3rd party e-mail Apps that come pre-loaded with their mobile devices, which is one of the reasons the Xfinity Connect App has seen a steep decline in usage over the last several years.  I'm actually still holding on dearly to my Blackberry - so I have tried their BlackBerry Hub+ App and am very impressed!

Here are some links to helpful articles for common Apps that come pre-installed on most mobile devices:

I really do hope that info helps some folks!   If other forum experts would like to chime in on other alternatives, tips, or tricks, I'm sure it would be appreciated!
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

I absolutely agree.  This decision to retire the App is horrible.  Accessing email through the internet page on a phone is not a solution.  And we won't get notifications when email is received.  

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

I don't like Comcast but I'm going to keep fighting to keep the app. Thanks for your post.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

Your browser based email, in a word, stinks (since I can't use naughty language 🙄). Keep xfinity Connect App! PLEASE!!! I use this app many times per day. I'm really surprised you say that it's due to lack of use. I don't use outlook. 🤬

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

Your link says using 3rd party apps could lead to fraud of our IDs and it's recommended that we use xfinity Connect app!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Good point! Give them a call too if you have a spare hour. I'm fighting for this app!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Been a customer for as long when first coax got hung down my street. The prices keep going up and the service gets cut back. Not only caping data limits but now discontinuing the app for mail is just madness. If you want more customers to cut the cord this is the best way to do it!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

I think it has been hacked several times and it has become a nuisance.  But I love it and use it several times a day!!  We should have this after we pay so much for your service and Xfinity keeps taking things away and charging us more.  Beyond monopolizing, just so disappointing and unfair that no survey was done and public opinion is given no regard.  I hope you rethink this...please?

New to the Community?

Start Here