allikat7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:00 PM

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

Responses

katmar1029

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 m ago

You are a Comcast employee? If multiple people are getting the same utterly (you wouldn’t let me use the word I wanted) stupid message about retiring the app, what good is reloading the app going to do?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

This is really upsetting. I hope that if enough of us complain, Comcast will decide not to retire the app.

1 Message

3 m ago

Like everyone else is saying... discontinuing this app is a bad decision and suggesting that people view / manage / send emails via the main comcast website using a browser on a phone screen is ridiculous. Of course adding the email account to a 3rd party mobile app is possible, but not as convenient as the current connect app - which everyone is used to. At the very least, it could be scaled down to just the email with the voice portion removed – which I would guess is the least used.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Dear Jody,   If you used the App, you would understand what all of the fuss is about as we all have been told it is being retired!

1 Message

3 m ago

I am terribly sad.... I find this app so easy for email.  Always signed in and available.   This is Awful!

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Right on. Call them too to complain.
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

I would gladly remap my Comcast email to Outlook but I need all my folders which won't come over to Outlook. I think Comcast is watching this thread so I'm going to keep on replying to everyone and grow this cause. I am original poster.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 m ago

How is it the same functionality? I am a small business owner and rely on incoming mail notifications on my phone and on my watch that the xfinity Connect app provides. I cannot be logging in online constantly to check for new messages. You took away Norton 360 and are making us pay extra for security. Now you are taking away the Connect app and not giving us any means of notifications on phones tablets, watches. I've been wanting to but have been leary of changing to Xfinity mobile where it does not have an established track record that the 3 big mobile companies have. I was just about to make the change but the notice today of one more service being taken away more or less squelches that. I need a company that I can depend on and with these latest changes xfinity is NOT one of them. Sad.
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

I am not. I am the original poster. But Comcast is watching which is good!
DEIw

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

I received this reply: Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us. I understand how frustrating it is when things you use are phased out. Unfortunately, so few people used the app that we cannot justify the cost of maintaining the app. There are ways to still get notifications for mail. Here is a great article on how to set up your Comcast email on different email clients ( i.e. Outlook, Apple Mail, Android Mail, etc.): https://comca.st/2OrR1ux. Please, let me know if this helps. -TO

However if you go that link, it states: Using third-party email clients (e.g., Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) to access your http://Comcast.net email address can potentially expose your Xfinity ID and password to fraud and other risks.
Also, my outlook is locked to my work email so that is not a choice for me.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Just received the popup while the app was reporting a call on my Voice line. The app is being discontinued April 21st, after that we're expected to log in via browser. Does that mean no ability to monitor and take calls on my mobile anymore? Supposedly that's one of the benefits of Xfinity Voice, now it's being terminated less than a year after I signed up? I want a discount!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

No, it is not convenient to use an internet browser to look at my email on my phone. It's the app or nothing

1 Message

3 m ago

Just download the Outlook app and start using that, its not worth it.  They took away norton, they are taking this away, it makes no sense, but the outlook app works fine, and took 2 seconds to get it to work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

I am very upset that the app is going away. Time to switch from Comcast?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

What about the ability to monitor or pick up Voice calls, or listen to Voice messages? That was one of the features of Xfinity Voice service.

New to the Community?

Start Here