allikat7's profile

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

Thursday, March 4th, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!
TerriB

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I put Outlook app on my phone and tablet and its great for email. Has notification and other useful settings. I have been using it for a while now to get used to it before Comcast kills Connect and so far so good. It doesn't load quite as fast as the Connect app but works great and syncs with my Outlook 2016 email client on my desktop.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This app does make checking e-mails quick and easy.  Going through the browser to check e-mails on my phone is timely and not user friendly for checking on trash and sent e-mails--in fact, pretty impossible.

Please start a "bring back the Xfinity Connect app" campaign!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is terrible comcast connect worked just fine to check my email on my phone.  Another bad idea Xfinity. Makes me want to change services even more. Always something with comcast service that is bad for the customer. That's why you will never get my mobile service. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

And good luck with calling them to discuss retirement of this app.  I can't get through.  And I've tried a "chat" with a robot...haha...THAT didn't work well!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Like so many others have said, using a standalone email client doesn't work for me.  As someone that has used the Connect app for many, many years, I have a lot of folders that I use regularly.  Configuring an email client like Outlook doesn't access those folders.  Using the web based email they recommend doesn't notify of new mail.  I do have Outlook on my phone but its locked down by my work email, and I can't add another account, even if I wanted too.

With so many people replying here, I find it hard to believe that Xfinity can stand by it's comment that "so few use this", and then saying it's important to stay connected, yet take away the ability to do so?  The almost $200 a month I pay Xfinity should give me the ability to access all my email, and notify me when I receive a new email.

Come on Xfinity... please listen to your customers!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I called today and got nowhere.  I was told to use the internet Xfinity connect.  I used google chrome and found the app then I added it to the home screen on my phone.  It seems to work with my user id and password saved in Chrome.  So I guess that is what they are suggesting.  I have a Samsung Galaxy so I also added the email from Samsung on my phone home page to see which one I prefer to use.  Comcast cost getting higher and delivering less service.  It is a pain for older adults like me.  Thank goodness that tech stuff isn't very difficult for me but other senior citizens it a real pain.  Sad 

montypeek

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

COMCAST is retiring the one Xfinity service absolutely works . I’m done! I will be moving my service.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Tell me NO!
montypeek

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I absolutely agree.  This decision to retire the App is horrible.  Accessing email through the internet page on a phone is not a solution.  And we won't get notifications when email is received. 

Is Comcast listening? What a BAD DECISION!!

Again

Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

@montypeek Do you use the Voice 2 Go feature of the app?  If not you can use any email app you'd like.  You can download and set up an email app from whatever app store you use, or check your phone for an email app that may already be on your phone.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I agree. How will I be able to place a call using Xfinity voice number when I'm not home without Voice2go? They just want you to sign up for their mobile plan. Has nothing to do with people not wanting the existing service, it's simply milking the customers for more $!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Response to Comcast Useless Forum Support : 

As I stated, Voice2Go is a useful feature for me.  I am often in Asian countries for 3 to 9 month periods.  I still paid my Comcast bills for my house/cat sitter during those times, only to return and find so many features or channels I liked were gone.  You cannot fix this.  I was lazy so many years but now I know I don't need anything Comcast offers.  I have already sent inquiries to several internet companies.  My cell company, AT&T, also offers a 25% discount on services through my employer.  It will be strange for a while but I hope I can later tell Comcast customers my positive experience.  "Cut-the-Cord"!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also extremely disappointed.  They cancelled the texting feature last year just as the pandemic started too.  So we keep getting less, they are Obviously not concerned about us keeping connected.  I still have not found a way to get the emails into another app yet.  Such a bother. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also very very unhappy about the app going away.  Last year they eliminated the texting feature too just as the pandemic hit. They are obviously not concerned about keeping us connected or as customers. I still have not found an app to move to yet. Such a bother.  Tried to get some help, but after an hour on the chat, made no progress. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am angry.  I use Xfinity Connect every day, for:  email, voicemail, call log, to manage landline calls when I’m nowhere near my home phone.  With a single app!  It was instrumental in aiding my 101-year old mother before she passed away.

Do I feel like a valued customer?

No, I do not.

-jw

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Removing Connect is an insult
fledda300

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

I totally agree with you.  This is really terrible.  The app has been a huge help for me specially when we travel overseas.  When travelling overseas and if I need to make a phone call to the US, I would use the app to make a phone call using wifi or data.  The proposal they are suggesting to use in the future does not even have this feature available.

The eliminated the Norton protection from my wifi and now this.

Really bad decision.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Terrible decision by Xfinity to eliminate the App and not replace it with something just as convenient & user friendly for their customers. The Xfinity Connect app is great to use by customers for not only email but also to see and hear voicemail messages from our “Xfinity” land line. Having to log in every time is a big step backwards for Xfinity’s commitment to make things better for their customers.So much for staying connected

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity Connect App Being Discontinued
fledda300

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

I totally agree with you.  This is really terrible.  The app has been a huge help for me specially when we travel overseas.  When travelling overseas and if I need to make a phone call to the US, I would use the app to make a phone call using wifi or data.  The proposal they are suggesting to use in the future does not even have this feature available.

The eliminated the Norton protection from my wifi and now this.

Really bad decision.

sgeisler

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Retiring this app is a horrible idea! I agree that the app always crashes,  but it is the easiest way to check email on mobile devices. Going through the web is cumbersome, and is NOT optimized for mobile devices. Using Outlook or another email app makes it harder to manage the mailboxes,  deleting from Outlook doesn't delete from the Xfinity server,  so you have to manage it on both places.

STUPID MOVE, COMCAST. Everyone uses a mobile device now,  and you are going BACKWARDS! 

STEP UP AND FIX THE APL SO IT IS USABLE! 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Connect app

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am also extremely frustrated that the app is being removed. This along with much better cable prices elsewhere (Tmobile, Hulu etc) has me looking to minimize my accounts at Comcast. 

Again

Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

You can use any mobile email app on your phone to download your comcast.net email.  Go to the app store that corresponds to your phone and download one and set it up.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Ridiculous to retire this app. Replace convenience with less convenience? I feel that we are going backwards in time. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Do not retire xfinity connect app
r-gordon-7

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

I fully agree! It is outrageous - especially in this day and age when it seems virtually every other organization and service manages to offer its own, convenient, dedicated mobile app - for Comcast to simply delete their email app and replace it with essentially nothing. And they claim doing so is some kind of benefit to us, their customers? We pay Comcast a fortune - their monthly bill rises more and more, not only at each contract renewal time, but also in between those times as they continually "conveniently" increase the monthly bill by calling the increases "fees" not covered by the contractual monthly price. And on top of that, they reduce services by removing the email app, forcing us, in order to access our email, to have to first log in on our phones to the phone's native web browser, and then log on to the Comcast web site each time, instead of having a convenient app icon on which to click to take us directly to our email. Shameful takeaway, especially in the face of their continually upward spiral in pricing. 

r-gordon-7

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

BTW, I see that Comcast's "customer friendly" response to the numerous other customer complaints about this issue is simply to close customer's threads complaining about it. Nice move Comcast... nothing shows your real distain for your customers any more than that practice.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I’ve noticed that!  Just adding censorship to my lengthy list of complaints. 
please give advice on what company you would advise going with, because I’m out. 
I appreciate everyone’s comments, even if Comcast does not. Be well, everyone. 

Skygazr

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

I agree. I use the app all the time!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here