allikat7's profile

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

Thursday, March 4th, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah this is not good news at all. I use Voice2Go to make/receive phone calls all the time. I am subscribed to XFinity Mobile but, go figure, I do not get reception in my neighborhood.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am very dissatisfied with Comcast and am exploring other options to dump them altogether.  I have many friends who feel the same way. Good luck with your high rates and poor customer service.

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

Hello, @, thank you for reaching out in our forum and for giving me a chance to help you. We never want you to feel this way and I'd love a chance to help turn this situation around. Can you please provide me with some background details regarding your concerns? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have my landline forwarded to my cellphone.  I have the 300 carefree worldwide minutes with my phone service, so with the xfinity connect app i can call friends in Sicily anytime, and not just while I'm home.  The connect they say they're going to offer is garbage! I looked at what they're offering as a replacement,  all  I can say, are they kidding?! If they can forward voice mail it should have calling capabilities!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Totally disappointed. We use the connect app to make international calls. I don’t see any value of having just a landline. Will cancel and switch back to Vonage

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Horrible decision.  I use this app every day.  I assumed there would be a replacement, not a shut down.  Is this Comcast's way of saying "we aren't doing email any more"?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Totally agree...this is outrageous!!!  Certainly going in the wrong direction. How about making things easier. duh.

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

What is this replacement  for the connect App you refer to? I have seen nothing.

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

@user_c91f52

Would you please not post the exact same thing over and over. Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I agree!  Considering the cost of Xfinity services they should work on improvements not taking away what works well.  The app they want us to use is nothing if not cumbersome for accessing email.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Horrible decision to eliminate the email “xfinity connect” app.  Not enough usage of the other features offered?  Than make a new app or eliminate the other features.   What a terrible business decision 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hey Comcast.    Listen to your customers.   Checking my email was so so easy with xfinity   Connect app.

Don’t take a step backwards

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes i agree just switched to the internet connect app. What a joke. Takes forever to bring up email. I check stay logged in but that only lasts 1 day then have to sign in again. Come on comcast. Have used your email since day one now having a hard time accessing it on my phone. Another comcast blunder. No wonder every one is going to streaming and getting off Xfinity. Considering changing email and really considering dropping comcast all together. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

What the hell. I pay over that too.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I know, I am over 200 as well and half the time I am unable to open the email on regular pc so I rely on my app. Just uninstalled and tried all the other apps they have nothing works for email but the one they are getting rid of. Bad enough every channel is trying to have you pay extra for their apps. And not every movie on is on demand, so once it is over you have to pay for it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

With the retirement of the comcast app I've tried to add my email to my Ipad but get a message that says "imap logins disabled". I also can't use the Outlook app for the same reason. Any ideas?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here