allikat7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

Thu, Mar 4, 2021 9:00 PM

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

Responses

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Let them know you want and need this app!
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

I agree. I use it extensively. Call Comcast and complain!

1 Message

3 m ago

Exactly. It sounds like the Voice 2go isn't popular. So scrap that part and keep the email access. Who accesses their email on a smart phone using a website these days? Ridiculous decision making and abominable customer service!
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

The gall of them saying in the notice that it's more important than ever to stay connected and then take away the way we do so. Infuriating! Call Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

The planned 4/21/2021 elimination of the Xfinity Connect Application for phone/tablet is definitely detrimental to the customers access to email.
The APP works well and is convenient. I'm sure WE pay $ for its development and maintenance!
Using the email website on small screen devices is very annoying and difficult to navigate.

Please reconsider.

Xfinity Ethernet AND Mobile customer

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Comcast makes millions off of us. There's no good reason to retire the app.
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Aside from my original post here, I'm going to call and complain. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 m ago

The planned 4/21/2021 elimination of the Xfinity Connect Application for phone/tablet is definitely detrimental to the customers access to email.
The APP works well and is convenient. I'm sure WE pay $ for its development and maintenance!
Using the email website on small screen devices is very annoying and difficult to navigate.

Please reconsider.

Xfinity Ethernet AND Mobil customer

allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

It's not right. Call and let them know you need this app.
katmar1029

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 m ago

Are you all not listening? How difficult is it to understand that it’s way more convenient to have an app for you email instead of having to go through a browser????
TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

3 m ago

I took AndyRoss's advice. Added Outlook app to my phone and tablet.   Took a minute to figure out what I had to populate in advanced settings which was only my IMAP and SMTP passwords which are the same as my comcast password and bingo....done. Works like a charm so if Comcast doesn't pull back on the very popular Connect app I will use Outlook. I would love to continue with Xfinity Connect but if they won't back off I am good to go with Outlook. NOT happy with what they are doing BUT I will NOT use my browser to access email........not a chance.

Just by the tons of postings coming in  on the forum they should KNOW how well used the Connect app is and saying its not worth keeping due to the low usage is pure unadulterated bunk.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Add me to the list of unhappy that Xfinity will retire the Connect App and Voice2Go of which I have used both since the beginning.  

I challenge the analytics that say these are not used.  

Seriously, how much development effort does the app require?

Please consider the voice of your customers, and reconsider this decision.

Thank You - David

DEIw

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Extremely unhappy about this change. Not the same functionality. Can you tell me how to move an email to another folder quickly? I use this app multiple times throughout the day and having to go to a website each time is a ridiculous step back in user friendliness
katmar1029

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 m ago

We should not have to do that when they already have a perfectly good app - not to mention the exorbitant fees they charge.
allikat7

Frequent Visitor

• 

121 Messages

3 m ago

Totally agree. Call them and lodge your complaint as well.

New to the Community?

Start Here