allikat7's profile

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

Thursday, March 4th, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I agree it is a bad idea. I just tried to use web access and it was not easy at all. I can’t see me staying with Comcast much longer. What are they thinking. Do they ever listen to their customers? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also upset about the Xfinity Connect app being terminated but I have no faith that they will listen to our complaints.  I have been trying replacement apps and have found one that is working out pretty well.  SPIKE is easy to use and keeps all of the email  folders from Connect.  I get notifications and am pleased so far.  I really only used the email portion of Connect and not the Voice2go as much so Spike is working for me.  I’m using the IOS version.  Don’t know how the Android version may be.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Does anyone think this is a good idea besides some Comcast execs that want to cut expenses and keep raising prices/cutting services?  Having a monopoly is a wonderful thing.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Let's see.  They took away the ability to program your DVR from your phone, they took away Norton, and now they are taking away the Connect app. A technology company that removes technology.  My supermarket has an app.  The dollar stores have apps.  Comcast will not have an app.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Retiring the Xfinity Connect App with no replacement is unacceptable. We use this app to call India, while we are on the move (outside of home)

Please cancel retirement on Xfinity connect app

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Retiring the Xfinity Connect App with no replacement is unacceptable. We use this app to call India, while we are on the move (outside of home)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

edemaster

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Why would a large, competitive tech provider eliminate their quick and easy to use email app in favor of an archaic browser method?? We are longtime customers and looking for another provider, as this is the “last straw “ of many issues with this company!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

DO NOT FORCE YOUR CUSTOMERS TO CANCEL ALL THAT IS OFFERED TO XFINITY CUSTOMERS!  
Not having an application to open emails is not going over well with ANY of your customers.  Not having an application is the stupidest, most ridiculous, absurd concept I've ever heard of.  To delete the xfinity application to access emails with no replacement app is going to do harm to your company.  Everyone is beginning to only use "+" channels and will eventually dump your company on its head.  I will most certainly cancel my wifi modem, phones and cable if this is how you treat your faithful customers.  My family has been with you since you were called ADELPHIA.  Wth is going on at your company?  My husband has been wanting to switch our cell phones to your company!  That is laughable now.  Never in a million years would I give your company any more business.  In fact I'm calling today and canceling our subscriptions from your company.  Obviously Xfinity is being extremely and poorly managed.  Thanks for your show of appreciation.  No I'm not going to use Outlook or whatever you're trying to pawn me off on. I'm not even going to detail the importance of the Connect home calls going to your cell phone that your company is cutting off also. Your company has made a big mistake.  I hope you lose ¾ of your customers and go out of business.  This is a sad day for your major company.  It's all on you.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Taking away connect app AND voice to go?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Forums. I can understand how frustrating it is to have the Connect app leave if you've been enjoying the Voice to Go feature of having your calls ring in through your cell phone. We truly appreciate your long-term business and would hate to see you leave. I'm happy to help you though with any changes you're looking to make to your account. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Agreed, we love this app because it alerts us of any incoming calls even when away from home. We never use the emails so that's not an issue. Maybe this is the incentive I needed to drop the land line. Comcast needs competition as a broadband supplier, no doubt.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My comcast contract is up very soon... maybe time to change. Hotwire is coming into my development. Getting rid of this app is a VERY VERY bad idea for Comcast!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My comcast contract is up soon! It may be time to switch to Hotwire which is coming to our development! Comcast is not thinking of their users at all. Bad move Comcast! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is there and equivalent of Voice2Go and Xfinity Connect App? with out these apps Xifinity/comcast is just useful as a rock. 

Comcast - will you reduce my monthly bill since you are removing services that you promised?

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

Hello, @draviam, thank you for reaching out in our forum for help with your concerns regarding Voice2Go and Xfinity Connect. I realize these beloved tools, but I don't have a way to issue a credit for these as they're a free service we provided. You'll still be able to access your Comcast email, view and listen to voicemails, and manage your call features and settings in the Xfinity Connect web portal (https://comca.st/3eUMZWv). Are you able to access this link? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
rubatoguy

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

It seems that Xfinity's motto these days is "Less for more money."  They are cutting the email app, reducing phone features, and taking steps to make it hard for Tivo users that don't want to rent equipment from Xfinity. I'm really disappointed in the removal of the email app. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I rely on this app multiple times a day, as do most people I know. The real time notifications are especially useful and important. It’s hard to believe that Comcast thinks it’s a good idea to make accessing email and voicemails more difficult...especially when most people rely on their mobile devices more than computers. Makes no sense and alienates customers. Congratulations Comcast. You’ve taken another step backwards.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here