allikat7's profile

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

Thursday, March 4th, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Retiring Xfinity Connect app

Update: I have spoken extensively with Comcast. There is NO NEW APP coming out to replace Xfinity Connect app.
I am very angry they are retiring this app. Anyone else? The notice starts with about how important it is to stay connected, then goes on to say you now have one less way to stay connected. I pay over $200 a month for Xfinity. Why can't they just keep the app going? Boooo Xfinity!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I totally agree with you. I use the connect app countless times a day on my iPad and mobile phone. I have been a loyal customer for decades and pay over $250 a month  ..plus I have xfinity mobile service also. I emailed Tom Karinshak ([Edited]) he’s supposed to be the person to complain to...anyways, I received a reply from his secretary saying she’d forward to the leadership team to be reviewed. I truly enjoy the ease of using this app and I’m literally saddened they want to discontinue it. I know time is running out...[Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

2 Messages

2 years ago

I also should have mentioned that many subscribers don't likely know about the app and how useful it is, not even some Comcast employees, Some time ago I stopped at an Xfinity retail store to ask a question about a feature of the app and the employee had no idea what I was talking about. I just gave up and figured it out after a lot of trial and error. It's rather curious your mention of Tom Karinshak. I recently emailed this same gentleman an issue of sorts that didn't even get a response from his secretary. Perhaps customer service is also being considered for discontinuance. I have also been a loyal customer for decades and recently signed up for their mobile service that I am very happy with to date.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Comcast cuts services as they continue to raise prices. Your "contract" is a one way street which gives them no accountability. This has been going on for 25 years for me (having spent thousands over time). TV is a joke. Five minutes of broadcast sandwiched between 15 minutes of commercials. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Media service is no longer an option; but, a necessity these days, and there are few options (but there are some). [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Adding my 2 cents - I use the Voice2Go when traveling.  If Comcast is looking at usage numbers for the last year, that's not a valid reporting period.  And no - I don't want to forward my home phone in the U.S. to my cell phone using an international SIM card with an international phone number.  This app was such a help when I had to reach someone at a travel company in the US when traveling in Europe - the rep based in California didn't have access to call international numbers but WAS able to call me to address my emergency using my home phone number because of this app.  

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

2 years ago

Yah, this stinks big time.   Never mind voicemail access, this is the app that lets me answer my home phone on my cell phone, no?    Very convenient when i'm not at home byt want to answer that call.   (or hear voicemail without having to navigate their web site on a tiny phone screen). 

I don't know why my bill keeps going up while they keep killing useful services.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

I do not use web mail.  It's designed to be inconvenient.  A local client is infinitely better.  The Comcast email client offered the bonus features of voice mail, voice service, and call history.  Retiring the client is a degradation of service.  Neither the future nor the present of awesome. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Lots of email apps for the mobile phone. However, there is not an alternate for the Voice2Go access. This is extremely helpful to be able to answer or see who is calling the home phone from wherever I am. This is one of (if not the only) good things about having a Comcast "landline".

t-l-c-71

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

This totally [Edited]!  I use this app all the time, I like having the voicemail and the call alert also.  Can’t believe Xfinity is retiring this app...unfair!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I absolutely agree.  A company that wants you to use their internet service and can’t support an app, very questionable leadership.  I have found no acceptable alternative, this story about using the web version on an iPhone or iPad is fantasy.

Sanjay1

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I am very very angry about  retiring this application , this is the best feature they have, if they discontinue, we will be forced to see in the market any other software/app available and discontinue Xfinity Telephone  

Sanjay1

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I am very very angry with Xfinity for  retiring VOICE2GO , if feature , I think Xfininity is forcing us to look around for some software /  app and dump them, this is really making me angry, if they come up with some other solution which is equal to Voice2Go than no issue. Currently I am not a happy customer

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Constantly increasing the cost to it's customers, and reducing the features it offers at the same time.  This is not a business model to keep customers, or win new ones.  No wonder so many people across the country are opting for WiFi only, and going with third parties to find the services they want and need. 

If xfinity keeps this up, they will seal their own fate.  I have WiFi, Voice, TV, & Home, and I know I will be looking at other providers for these key services. 

Having a one-stop-shop like xfinity no longer seems to be an attractive option.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

What are you doing Comcast? This completely stinks. You are making things more difficult for your customers by taking away this app.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I frequently travel overseas and Voice2Go is a must have feature to avoid roaming charges when calling or receiving calls.  Obviously travel has dropped the last year but I will be returning to frequent travel soon.  $257/mo to have the privilege of constant feature cutbacks.  Xfinity still can't figure out how to block spam calls.  They drop the Connect App and Voice2Go.  The 1000MB internet speed I pay for rarely gets above 200MB.  They constantly drop TV channels or make them an additional charge.  Now I have to use the ridiculous streaming apps to watch my favorite shows.  There is no easy way to navigate through the pay movie channels.  By the time I finally find a movie I'm ready to sleep.  Then Xfinity removes paper billing forcing me to take action to retain what I already said I want.  I actually only use paper billing for a few companies - the ones I DO NOT TRUST.  I finally feel it's worth my time to investigate alternatives.  I'm guessing an internet connection and a couple free streaming channels will be a little bit cheaper. 

Official Employee

• 

670 Messages

Hi u/ thank you for  reaching out. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

670 Messages

Hi u/user_ecee4c thank you for  reaching out. I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send me a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on my name, "ComcastAshley," and then click send a message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
t-l-c-71

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity are you listening to all of us???

PLEASE PLEASE RETHINK THIS DECISION -  NOT retire this APP as many customers rely on it and like it.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here