Brigid272
Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
1st Kudo

Frequent Visitor

• 

36 Messages

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Is there a new Xfinity App that will incorporate email?

Why did I just get a marketing email describing a new Xfinity App? It also has a link to other free Xfinity apps including an Xfinity Connect app but it just describes that one as working with your home phone over Wi-Fi, nothing in the little blurb about the app that it incorporates email.

So is this why Xfinity is “retiring” the current Xfinity Connect app? The “new” Xfinity app apparently will host your email and the “old” connect app will just be for phones?

This is really clumsy marketing. Will I be able to get a new Xfinity app for my Comcast email? Or will I be forced to use my Apple Mail app—which I already use for gmail? And for which there is a clumsy process to set up Comcast email as IMAP?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

1 m ago

Hey there, @Brigid272

https://comca.st/3rSkzPU

Here is a helpful article on Frequently asked questions. Besides using a 3rd party client ( as you mentioned Apple), using this link: https://comca.st/3fK5ehV

will allow you to check your email with a mobile-optimized experience through your web browser. I have my link set to a favorite through Chrome. 

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your patience during this change! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

The web browser access to e-mail is unacceptable! It is slow, clunky, and out-dated. It is not user-friendly like an app. It is not any better than any other web-based mail system. I assume the real reason for retiring it is so as not to have to support it on multiple platforms. Poor customer service.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

I agree this whole thing has been a nightmare.  Will there be a Xfinity app to access my email after they terminate the current Xfinity Connect app.?  Or, will they not offer one at all.  The message we get keeps saying we will need to access our Xfinity  email through the website.  Totally ridiculous in the year 2021!  I would like to hear some clarity on this?  I called Xfinity and the customer service agents were clueless about it. 

Again

Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

1 m ago

I haven't heard of any new Xfinity app.  However, for email you can download and install any email app found in the store relating to your brand of phone, or use the native email app that may have come with your phone.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
snowbi-wan

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

1 m ago

That still doesn't explain why Comcast is taking away our app, which I use many times a day. 

Again

Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

1 m ago

@snowbi-wan It's probably as Comcast has stated: there's not that many customers that use the app to keep it updated and available.  If you consider the low volume of people that have posted here versus the number of subscribers to Xfinity internet you can understand the reason why.  I also seriously doubt there are isn't a large number of customers with a land line that would be using Voice2Go in the app; most people would probably just use it for email purposes and there are plenty of other apps out there that are sufficient for that use that are updated on a regular basis.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
kevin_sh

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Don't be silly. It makes it very clunky to know and check your voice mail now. Stupid decision.

gdio53

Regular Contributor

• 

126 Messages

1 m ago

@Again 

I'm sure that most companies would be happy with over 1 million app downloads on Android alone.

Based on your theory, the Authenticator app will be gone tomorrow as there are only 50,000 downloads on Android.

And while the users who posted here are a small portion of the installed user base, most customers probably don't even know about the forums.

The  comments on the Google Play Store are not very flattering regarding Comcast's decision to remove the app.

Again

Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

1 m ago

Just because the Store says there are that many downloads doesn't necessarily mean there are that many customers actually using the app.

We have nearly 3M registered users here so yes, customers do know about these forums and our other venues, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.  What you see is still a small representation of the number of total Comcast customers.

rylan

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

1 m ago

Sad that Comcast can't support an app for their email, where every other major service provides an app to get their email.  So instead they are forcing you to use the clunky slow and insecure browser interface, or the phone built in email which is even worse.

New to the Community?

Start Here