ComcastBecker
Rousing Repartee
Crafty Conversation
Resourceful Response

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 8:13 PM

How to Receive Voicemail Notifications on Mobile Phones after Xfinity Connect App Retirement

Hi All!

I saw a few folks ask how it would be possible to receive notifications on your mobile device whenever new voicemail messages are left for you on your home phone. This is currently a feature of the Xfinity Connect App, which is being retired.

Comcast supports sending voicemail notifications to any e-mail address.  This can be configured at connect.xfinity.com/voice by visiting Settings and then Voicemail Notifications in the main settings menu. For full instructions on how to configure this, click here for a helpful FAQ.

Many mobile phone providers support receiving E-mail via SMS Text Messages through what is called an E-mail Gateway.  As an example, if you have Xfinity Mobile service and your mobile number is (234) 555-1234, you can send an e-mail to 2345551234@vtext.com and it will be received as a text message on your phone!

What this means is that you can input your phone number and E-mail Gateway as an E-mail notification address following the instructions in the FAQ I linked above.  Every time you receive a voicemail to your home phone, you will then receive a text message on your mobile phone! 

Here is a list of popular phone providers and their e-mail gateways.  The format to use is always your mobile number followed by @ and then your E-mail Gateway:

Xfinity Mobile: number@vtext.com 

AT&T: number@txt.att.net
Boost Mobile: number@sms.myboostmobile.com 
C-Spire: number@cspire1.com
Consumer Cellular: number@mailmymobile.net
Cricket: number@sms.cricketwireless.net 
Google Fi (Project Fi): number@msg.fi.google.com 
Metro PCS: number@mymetropcs.com 
Mint Mobile: number@mailmymobile.net 
Page Plus: number@vtext.com 
Republic Wireless: number@text.republicwireless.com 
Simple Mobile: number@smtext.com 
Sprint: number@messaging.sprintpcs.com 
T-Mobile: number@tmomail.net 
Ting: number@message.ting.com or number@tmomail.net 
Tracfone: number@mmst5.tracfone.com 
U.S. Cellular: number@email.uscc.net 
Verizon: number@vtext.com 
Virgin Mobile: number@vmobl.com 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Responses

scott123

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks, good suggestion for getting notification when Voice Mail is left.  I’ve had that setup for years, and it works well (though the transcriptions are sometimes comically inaccurate).

Now, let’s hear how we are supposed to see callerID notifications on our cell phone for landline callers that don’t leave a voice mail.  That was a major feature of Connect for me, and there is no replacement.  And to preempt the probable response, forwarding my home number to my cell is NOT the same thing.  Why would I want a separate landline at all if it was just always forwarded to my cell?

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

2 m ago

Hi scott123 -

I agree - the Caller ID function of the Xfinity Connect App was pretty cool and will be missed!  There are still ways to accomplish similar things, but definitely not the same.

Remember that call logs are still available at connect.xfinity.com/voice - here you can click on "Call Logs" and then choose "Missed" in the Sort By menu to easily see any incoming calls that did not leave a message for you.  

As you mentioned, Advanced Call Forwarding can be used to cause multiple phone numbers to ring at once when someone calls your landline.  Many people would elect to use their cell phone number for this. 

If you wanted to keep things separate, there are 3rd Party services that allow you to create your own personal phone numbers for free (similar to the Voice2Go Service which we are retiring). You could elect to use Advanced Call Forwarding to send calls to that number instead.  You could configure the 3rd party app not to "ring" - but instead just silently notify you of an incoming call... this would be similar to Caller ID on the Xfinity Connect App.  

I hope this helps!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
kevin_sh

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Ridiculous solution.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I just want to add a +1 to the fact that I really like the caller ID function of the app, that's the one thing that isn't really be replicated well. I'm not a big fan of the workaround you're suggesting, it seems a suboptimal solution when you had an app that gives you that notification easily. I'm sad this app is going away. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Fully agree. Xfinity should not be retiring the app. No reason except to further pad profits!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

I couldn't agree more with the above. One of the best features that Xfinity ever offered was this simple little app. I was notified of my mother taking a fall reciently. The notification came in on my cell while I was on the road. I was able to quickly get to her. Of all the other things, tv and even the internet, the app was the feature that I used most. It's a shame that Xfinity would take this wonderful little tool away!

FAUguy

Most Valued Poster

• 

633 Messages

1 m ago

I personally wouldn't mind paying $10/month if Comcast kept this app but charged for it.

kevin_sh

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Please, we already pay an extreme amount. This should be included as it already was.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I agree - That is one of the best features and the most useful for me.  Please don't get rid of this app!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

How about leaving the app, and not making me do this crazy workaround?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

24 d ago

Does Comcast plan on including IFTTT integration with the connect app being retired. This was one of the MAJOR pluses for having xfinity phone. 

New to the Community?

Start Here