U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Mon, May 3, 2021 4:51 PM

How can I receive notifications on my mobile phone when I receive incoming calls on my landline now that you’ve dropped the app?

If that feature is no longer available can you please explain to me why? Why would you discontinue a service a vast number of your customers enjoy?

Responses

Official Employee

• 

248 Messages

3 m ago

Good morning @user_6f5e1b and thank you for your feedback regarding the sunset of our Connect app, we really appreciate you taking the time to post! Customers are still able to access their Comcast email, view and listen to their voicemail, and manage their call features and settings in the Xfinity Connect web portal (https://comca.st/3xOfo7N). If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

This was a key feature for us. You didn’t need to be near the landline/headset to know who was calling. Living with an elderly person it saved her from trying to get up to get to the phone in a hurry.

This was a very important feature we used all the time. I don’t care about the email options. I want to see who is calling in *real time* on a mobile device. 
I cannot fathom why this feature was disabled. It was very important to me as a caretaker.

kbgorman

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 m ago

I REALLY miss the notification on my iPhone when my landline rang - I'm disabled and I appreciated knowing who was calling. PLEASE, PLEASE consider bringing back this feature - it really mattered!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have to add my disappointment with Comcast’s ending what I used to know as ‘Outcalling’ when you could be notified on your IPhone when someone was calling you on your Landline - AND, ‘I’ could not only see who was calling, and decide within a few rings to answer it right on my mobile device!  I haven’t seen or read anything that explains ‘why’ this useful service that came with my Comcast Voice Service just ‘went away in April, 2021!  (I retired from AT&T in Jan. 1996, after a 30-year career, and know we never just pulled the plug from something Customers enjoyed!) 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I didn't realize how much I miss this feature.  Having missed calls from my "elderly" parents to running to the phone and identify a telemarketer.  This service really made Xfinity stand out. Very sorry to see it go.

New to the Community?

Start Here