Sansby's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Sun, Jul 19, 2020 1:00 AM

Closed

Formatting in Comcast email

Is there a way to use basic formatting (like bold or underlining) when composing email in Xfinity Connect or any of the other apps? I've never had email that doesn't offer some formatting. Please advise.
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

If you are asking about Comcast's "Appsuite" webmail, in the Compose window you can click Options and select HTML to access the formatting bar for that message.

You can also change your settings so that HTML is always selected. From the main webmail screen click

(gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Compose / Format emails as
and select "HTML" or "HTML and plain text".

Note that if the Compose window is not "Maximized", some of the format bar items will be missing. See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Appsuite-webmail-v7-10-0-1-3/m-p/3291863#M214496.

If you are not asking about Comcast's webmail, what program or app are you using?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 y ago

I'm using Xfinity Connect app to access my email account (Android version). I can receive in html but can't send anything formatted as there aren't any options I can see while composing emails. Thus, only plain text. Are you saying there is another setting to change? I DO have html checked off under Advanced options, but it appears this only allows me to receive them with no mechanism for sending or formatting as I enter text. Please clarify. Thank you.
BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@Sansby wrote: ... Are you saying there is another setting to change? ...

Using webmail on a laptop or desktop, yes. Using the app on a mobile device, apparently not. I can find no way to do it using the Connect App on my cheapo LG phone. The phone's native email client doesn't have HTML compose capability either.

I can't find a clear statement on whether the Connect App allows HTML formatting, but this section from https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-connect-mobile-app-faqs suggests that it doesn't:

Can I edit an email when trying to forward/reply?

• For HTML emails: While replying/forwarding an HTML email ... The app will warn you that "Editing the text will remove all formatting. Do you want to continue?" Tap YES to open the original message without the HTML formatting.
    • Currently, editing of HTML email format is not supported. All HTML emails will be converted to plain text before allowing editing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Why is the Bar with Bold, Italica, etc and the Color button, spell check, etc moved from the top of my email to the bottom of my screen?  How can I change it back to where it was before?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I can definitely understand how it would be frustrating to have those options in a whole different place. Can you tell me how you are accessing the email? Is it through a 3rd party email client or via the Xfinity website? Also, is this on a mobile device or a PC?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I want to know the same. How do you get that task bar back to top same with add attachment

Official Employee

• 

3.3K Messages

1 y ago

This is an old, inactive thread that we will be closing at this time. If you are having troubles and need support, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist.

Again

Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

1 y ago

Adding to what @XfinityTambrey said, please post any new questions in the Email Forum.  This forum is for the now discontinued Xfinity Connect APP and not for the Comcast window in Email on the website.

Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here