dastaggs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Dropping Xfinity Connect texting March 2020

So, when you get too embarrassed , you just drop services, huh?

Pathetic.

Responses

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

1 y ago

@Bumkitty wrote:

Comcast-Jesse -- your explanation & "help" regarding the dropping of text messaging through the Connect App is by no means a resolution to the original complaint.  I think most of us here understand how to save old text messages -- what we would like is the ability TO TEXT through the Connect App AFTER 24 March 2020.  

It's a simple concept really -- you have a base of customers that regularly use the Connect App service and would like for it to continue.  This thread is an attempt to make Comcast aware that its customers are unhappy with the slated change.

Please UNMARK this thread as solved as we continue to make our voices heard regarding the removal of a service we would like to keep.

Happy to discuss this at length, Comcast-Jesse.  Comcast needs to listen to its consummer-base.

==============

I also have a problem with this marked as solved. Jessie gave us the same information that comes up when we go to the texting portion of Xfinity Connect and we have all read that or would not have been complaining. Many  useful features  of Xfinity have been negatively changed or removed and none have been re-activated so the consumer base really has little effect on what corporate decides is best for THEM.  This includes removal of popular cable and premium channels,  Xfinity connect texting, charging  Xfinity Mobile non data users for data ,  and numerous very popular features on the X1 platform.

Many of us have very little alternate choices to Xfinity services. I have always been very happy with their platform and reliability but removing more and more features is a real problem.

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

@TerriB @ComcastJessie 

Exactly--this is a platform to voice opinions and find resolutions.

As far as this thread is concerned, Comcast is not addressing the issue or listening to its customers.

In some cases, texting via the home phone (landline) is the only option available.

Again @ComcastJessie, I am open to a real discussion with Comcast about this issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 y ago

My son has been in intensive care since February 24, 2020.  If it had not been for texting to update my family and friends, I would have been in a terrible predictament.  I do not have a cell phone nor is there a phone in his room.  Also, there is no pay phones anymore.  I am totally disgusted since my son will be here when BIG BROTHER turns it off.   I have been customer since 1980 at the same location.

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

1 y ago

@marybolgerbarry wrote:

My son has been in intensive care since February 24, 2020.  If it had not been for texting to update my family and friends, I would have been in a terrible predictament.  I do not have a cell phone nor is there a phone in his room.  Also, there is no pay phones anymore.  I am totally disgusted since my son will be here when BIG BROTHER turns it off.   I have been customer since 1980 at the same location.

Comcast talks about accessibility and has commercials about how they are helping the disabled with new technology BUT YET!  Xfinity Connect texting surely does not cost them much as a mega corporation whose sole purpose is to provide technology  to the public and there have been other examples of how much its used for people who have no access to anything else to text. Texting seems to be what makes the world go round but BUT YET!  Its disgraceful.

lhntx

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 y ago

Jesse: This is not an answer for the issue.

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

@ComcastJessie, I am open to a real discussion with Comcast about this issue.

Please contact.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Yes, this is what everybody is talking about. You will no longer be able to access this feature......soon.

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

@ComcastJessie 

OK -- now is the time for Comcast to re-consider this horrible idea of dropping the messaging service. 

I have two seperate elderly and bedridden neighbors that I need to keep in touch with -- especially during this crisis.  We are under mandatory lockdown here in N CA.

There is no opportunity for me to now re-teach these people how to use another app.

If you want to 'help' support your community, re-think this decision and the negative impact on your customers.

PLEASE CONTACT -- happy to chat.

mpastene

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I agree with Bumkitty. It really is disgusting that Comcast would actually eliminate an entire vehicle  of communication at a time like this. At a minimum they could delay the elimination of texting services.

Administrator

• 

4.3K Messages

1 y ago

@Bumkitty wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

OK -- now is the time for Comcast to re-consider this horrible idea of dropping the messaging service. 

I have two seperate elderly and bedridden neighbors that I need to keep in touch with -- especially during this crisis.  We are under mandatory lockdown here in N CA.

There is no opportunity for me to now re-teach these people how to use another app.

If you want to 'help' support your community, re-think this decision and the negative impact on your customers.

PLEASE CONTACT -- happy to chat.

@Bumkitty 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this decision has caused. At this time there are no additional updates to share. If there is anything more to share, I will be sure to update my Best Answer on this thread. 

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

1 y ago

@mpastene wrote:

I agree with Bumkitty. It really is disgusting that Comcast would actually eliminate an entire vehicle  of communication at a time like this. At a minimum they could delay the elimination of texting services.

Yes...delaying would be the least they could do.  In this time of a pandemic they sure are being totally and completely rigid and not helping their customers cope.

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

@ComcastJessie 

Appreciate your quick response and realize there is nothing you in particluar can do but you may have more of an ability to rattle some cages than I or anyone else on this forum.

Thanks.  BK

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

So, at this point -- since demonstrating a new app to my neighbors is now out of the question, I am trying to navigate the Google Voice product.  GV has proven useful in the past when I was without a physical phone, but now I can port my landline and hopefully receive messages that way.

To be continued...

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 y ago

Indeed! In times of need like this, it's like they WANT and FORCE us to use other products to accomplish such tasks as COMMUNICATION! We are loyal ultil they give us no easy option. It's all dumb execution from the higher ups and the "helpers" here can only do so much.

Side note: I have a feeling that when this virus works it's way through our nation that things will change for the better. I have a very good feeling. But... Tut tut.... There will be a lot of pain as we ajust and things we once took for granted are stripped away just like this texting fiasco!! It may very well be pains bigger than losing a convient way of communicating (for some)! People's way of life will change forever. One gotta remermber this.

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 y ago

@kge1 the form you suggested to file an FCC complaint is for telephone/fax issues regarding spam.

I dont think it will work for this situation.

New to the Community?

Start Here