dastaggs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Dropping Xfinity Connect texting March 2020

So, when you get too embarrassed , you just drop services, huh?

Pathetic.

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Comcast is ridiculously expensive!! Now they want to get rid of texting. How stingy can they be?!! What's next?! If Verizon had FiOS in my area I would switch!!!!!!
Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

2 y ago

Agree with everyone here 100%

Totally depend on this feature and have been a loyal customer for 35+ years!!

PLEASE Comcast -- think twice about this horrible decision.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Just receive another lovely reminder just now from comcast regarding the end of texting.  Obviously, all of our calls has not altered their decision.  Any suggestions?

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

2 y ago

I somehow think the removal of this particular feature has something to do with the new cell phone service, Xfinity Mobile, which Comcast promotes heavily.

Remove texting from the Xfinity Connect app and push Xfinity Mobile --> results are much more lucrative.

However, there are those of us who like their landlines.

For us, cell phone service is not reliable and we depend on Comcast (when we have power that is).

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@Bumkitty wrote:

I somehow think the removal of this particular feature has something to do with the new cell phone service, Xfinity Mobile, which Comcast promotes heavily.

Remove texting from the Xfinity Connect app and push Xfinity Mobile --> results are much more lucrative.

However, there are those of us who like their landlines.

For us, cell phone service is not reliable and we depend on Comcast (when we have power that is).

===

I have their digital voice landline service and  their Mobile service but my cell phone is not on when I am home and its very convenient to text from xfinity.com on my desktop rather than go get the cell phone and turn it on just to send a simple text message. I will really miss the feature.

I don't understand all the people talking about using their landlines to text... HUH? I can do it from my tablet or cell phone using Xfinity connect and of course on xfinity.com under the  'mail' tab and when I text on Xfinity.com the number people see is my land line.....is that what people mean by texting on landline? There is zero way to physically text from a landline phone.

lhntx

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I am angry as well.  I rarely ever get calls on my number any more -  because PEOPLE TEXT.   Is Xfinity phone being managed by old people who don't have a clue????  I'm old, but even I realize that most people under 65 are  going to text now days because the proliferation of spam means that no one answers their phones any more.  As I'm sitting typing this I have received two calls and they are both spam. I will say that 9 out 10 calls I get are spam, but 100% of texts are  not.   I even called support and asked what is the reason for dropping the support - and no one in tech support said that they knew!   My next option is that going to look into having my number moved over to my cell phone provider.  I've had this number for over 30 years and I don't want to lose it.

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@lhntx wrote:

I am angry as well.  I rarely ever get calls on my number any more -  because PEOPLE TEXT.   Is Xfinity phone being managed by old people who don't have a clue????  I'm old, but even I realize that most people under 65 are  going to text now days because the proliferation of spam means that no one answers their phones any more.  As I'm sitting typing this I have received two calls and they are both spam. I will say that 9 out 10 calls I get are spam, but 100% of texts are  not.   I even called support and asked what is the reason for dropping the support - and no one in tech support said that they knew!   My next option is that going to look into having my number moved over to my cell phone provider.  I've had this number for over 30 years and I don't want to lose it.

==

I get spam text messages all the time so you are fortunate!  I am not a big user of texting but when I want/need to and don't have my cell phone nearby its been so very useful to be able to use Xfinity connect on xfinity.com on my desktop or my tablet. Surely it can't be costing them much for this feature and its not like they don't have the money even if there is some maintenance thay have to perform.  The bigger they get the more they take away  and then charge more. Hard to wrap my head around it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Comcast is sunsetting text messaging service from 03/24/2020.  It is disappointing.

XWatchDog

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 y ago

Ditto. It's a ridiculous decision. If they already have the infrastructure in place to offer it, what's the harm in keeping it?

XWatchDog

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 y ago

I'd like to know why Xfinity is discontinuing the Text Messaging option that's available with our Digital Voice Service? While it may not be the most popular feature in a world of mobile devices, there are countless Xfinity consumers who utilize the option.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Yeah this is a disaster best feature of the phone now I have to go get a cell phone everyone texts this number, it is essential to anyone to be able to text, noone calls anymore at least we can log into xfinity and see who text us, now messages will just vanish please rethink this  if anything more people might get rid of a cell phone to have this feature if they are home alot

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Hate to think how many texts I will never see because of this.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

so will my bill go down?  You're providing less service, for the same price.  Doesn't make sense to keep any of my services if you're going to keep stripping them and not reduce the price.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I know you probably have no say in this, but why the big wigs above you to decide to remove such a handy value from your service? The TOS bites us in the butt every time! Can and will change at any time. Time to vote with the wallet, I say 😉

Like others have said the function may be moved to another tier like the CELL service you now offer. Hmm How convenient! Imagine when severing something like this that is conveniently connected to one's own home phone number how many undelivered text messages there could be for some people! Could be rather catastrophic to some and you are not responsible! How funny... Think of these implications! I do not know why a "little used feature" has to be removed other than that cold hard cash $$$ reason. At least I have logical deduction to share this wisdom here. It will just die like every other good and handy thing.

I'll stop lol...

Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

2 y ago

Comcast-Jesse -- your explanation & "help" regarding the dropping of text messaging through the Connect App is by no means a resolution to the original complaint.  I think most of us here understand how to save old text messages -- what we would like is the ability TO TEXT through the Connect App AFTER 24 March 2020.  

It's a simple concept really -- you have a base of customers that regularly use the Connect App service and would like for it to continue.  This thread is an attempt to make Comcast aware that its customers are unhappy with the slated change.

Please UNMARK this thread as solved as we continue to make our voices heard regarding the removal of a service we would like to keep.

Happy to discuss this at length, Comcast-Jesse.  Comcast needs to listen to its consummer-base.

New to the Community?

Start Here