dastaggs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Dropping Xfinity Connect texting March 2020

So, when you get too embarrassed , you just drop services, huh?

Pathetic.

Responses

maxlechat

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 y ago

Of course....and I'm sure they are doing it as a "customer service."  I blew up a some poor CS person over the increased charges. Arrrggghhh. 

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

Just to let ya'll know...there is another interesting forum conversation thread on this topic. Usually a moderator will consolidate threads on the same subject but guess not this time.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Connect-App/Dropping-Xfinity-Connect-texting-March-2020/m-p/3300163

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@ShaynaFromFL wrote:

Totally understand your dilemma and it is unfair! Depends on where you reside  as  for the most part, real 'landlines' are more and more infrequent now-a-days, it's all via your motem which is technically VOIP. The wiring inside your home connects to your motem and your motem runs via your cable to the post/finally to the head end (used to work w/ Comcast). 

Now, you've added your comment and I am hoping if enough people complain, and someone posted it on their Facebook page, etc. Maybe, they'll bring it back at a reasonable price. I too love to be able to text via my pc, and in same boat. Don't want to text via my cell phone (for emergencies and many do NOT have that number for a reason... lol). Long story shorter, I now see big ads for Xfinity improving their WiFi offerings so I am suspect this is where they're concentrating their efforts, expanding WiFi and eliminating texting via our email/Internet Data space! BOO COMCAST... RrRrRRrr!

===

VOIP uses the public internet network and Comcast digital voice does not....thats why I don't call it VOIP. To me VOIP Is an antiquated method. I have  gigabit digital modem and use WIFI for cell phone and tablet at home (have to gently correct your spelling ) . When not at home I pray for hotspots and WIFI in doc offices because  I am NOT going to turn on  data  and watch my bank account shrink. Not many have my cell number either.

eggted

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

I called , Comcast corporate office and complained about losing the texting feature. He said if they hear from enough people, they might opt to reverse their  decision. !

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I will call first thing tomorrow and contact friends that utilize the texting feature.  Thank you for your diligence and maybe there is a light at the end of tunnel.  Unfortunately,   I do not have a cell phone.

I and tied of comcast taking away channels etc. that were part of my two year deal.

I have been at the same address for forty years and have had the same cable company (different names but ended up being comcast).  

wroloson

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

DO NOT call the number  that eggted posted.  According to NomoRobo, it is a scam.

conflatia

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 y ago

I would think  you could port your number over. Maybe try calling or visiting a couple of cell phone places and ask them first.

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@wroloson wrote:

DO NOT call the number  that eggted posted.  According to NomoRobo, it is a scam.

THAT is the correct number for Comcast Corp in Philly. Obviously scammers are spoofing that number to call people BUT that happens with many numbers including a person's own personal phone number. I get calls 'from myself', my neighbors,  local gov't and hospital,etc and they are all scam calls using spoofing.

eggted

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

Wroloson please delete or update your posting, as the phone number I gave to reach Comcast corporate is correct. You can google it yourself to confirm. If we all call perhaps we can save our texting feature!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I just called the corporate number.  They are there until 6 PM.  The more complaints received will possibly help now or in the future.  

wroloson

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

I was simply pointing out that NomoRobo considers that number a threat.  Like so much on the internet, you can choose to believe or accept what you want.  Personally, I don't care who you call.  Re: the online text feature, I called the Comcast/Xfinity  800 number to complain about the texting issue, and they forwarded my call to the appropriate contact, internally, for the complaint.  Finally, as for "updating the post", apparently many others have already done that by proxy.  Take care, y'all. 

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@ShaynaFromFl

Ok....we get it...please stop posting that same message over and over.......repeating it 11 times at last count is not constructive

@ShaynaFromFL wrote:

Hear Hear! DITTO! Everyone who posts, should call and tell all your friends to call, if possible! Thanks! OPEN MON - FRI FROM 8:30 AM  - 6 PM EST. 

CALL: 215-286-1700 - and complain, get your call 'escalated'!  

TerriB

Contributor

• 

3K Messages

2 y ago

@ShaynaFromFL wrote:

Apologize to 'all'  for that and thanks for your patience and suggestion. Got it - confess I'm new to this arena/blogging/posting with Comcast. Sorry I was obtrusive, just hope it makes a difference... still. Have a great day! 

You were not being obtrusive and your suggestion in urging us to contact them was great but posting the exact same thing 11 times was a bit over the top. ...lol

eggted

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

I called 215-286-1700, Comcast corporate office and complained about losing the texting feature. He said if they hear from enough people, they might opt to reverse their  decision.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I feel your pain! My exact situation. 

New to the Community?

Start Here