dastaggs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Dropping Xfinity Connect texting March 2020

So, when you get too embarrassed , you just drop services, huh?

Pathetic.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

4.4K Messages

2 y ago

All,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your feedback.
As we continue to evaluate our product offerings, we decided to end text messaging via the Xfinity Connect Text website and app as of March 24, 2020, due to declining feature usage, as more mobile providers offer unlimited text. At that time, you will no longer be able to send or receive text messages, and all previously received text messages will be deleted. If you wish to save your text conversations, you can download them as CSV files via the Xfinity Connect Text website.

Additionally, to stay connected to friends and family, after March 24, 2020, you can message on a third-party messaging app (such as Google Hangouts, WhatsApp and others) if your device and data plan allows it.

Notes:
  • The discontinuing of the text messaging feature includes the automated textback feature as well.
  • You cannot save text messages using the Xfinity Connect app.
  • After the feature is retired, text messages sent to an Xfinity Voice phone number will receive an error message indicating that the number no longer receives text messages. This error message is controlled by the carrier of the originating phone number who may elect not to send an error.

Downloading Text Messages from the Xfinity Connect Text Website

1. Sign in to xfinity.com using your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. Click the Voice ComcastJessie_0-1586268996963.jpeg icon.
  3. Click Text.
    ComcastJessie_1-1586268996966.jpeg
  4. Select the conversation you want to save.
    ComcastJessie_2-1586268996967.jpeg 
  5. Click the Save button on the top right of the conversation.
    ComcastJessie_3-1586268996968.jpeg

Notes:
  • Text messages will be saved in CSV format, which can be opened in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, OpenOffice Calc, or in word processing programs like Microsoft Word or Notepad.
  • Text conversations must be selected one at a time when saving.

Source:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-voice-text-messaging-feature-retirement

wroloson

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

Why?!!  First Comcast/Xfinity takes away Cinemax, then TCM (both now à la carte), and now the text messaging feature!  Perfect!  Glad I signed a 2 year contract, getting less for the same price.  I like Comcast, I do, but this is stupid - ridiculous!   Wonder what's next - for me, a loyal customer of many, many years?

TiredRetired

Most Valued Poster

• 

935 Messages

2 y ago

So exactly what does this mean?  What is Xfinity Connect texting and how does it differ from standard text messaging.  

wroloson

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

I am bundled with TV, Internet, and Phone.  I have a landline, only, and don't have a cell phone (and don't want one).   However, I can still text (until March).  It is a very nice feature!  My friends that do have cell phones can text me via my landline number.  I get a hard copy email of their text, as well as in the TEXT tab within Xfinity Connect where I can respond to them via my desktop cpu.  This is all through the Xfinity Home Page tabs.  The texting is going away as of 03/24/2020.   As for the TV I mentioned, that is pretty much self-explanatory.  Must all be part of Comcast's "The Future is Awesome" campaign.

If one has a cell phone, I doubt the texting change will affect them.  I don't know.

Hope that answers your question.

maxlechat

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 y ago

I received your notification that as of March, 2020, texting will not longer be available. I expect the elimination of a service will be accompanied by a reduction in my monthly fees. Correct?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I'm feeling the same. Xfinity continues to get rid of the features that brought me to this company, while upping all their prices. When will this end. They need some competition. Very angry 😤 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

On disability, rely on text from landline.  I can not afford a cell phone.  I enjoyed TMC but now can not afford to add on.  Signed a two year contract  which gave me text and TMC.  They took away but did not drop price or add on something. DISGUSTED!

mpastene

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I am in the same boat. It is not worth having the phone service, if there is no way to receive a text message. 

captup

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 y ago

I received an e-mail today, 1-22-20, that text will be REMOVED from Xfinity voice on 3-24-20. We should thank Comcast for putting the you know what to us customers again. They just raised the rates BUT remove services.

TiredRetired

Most Valued Poster

• 

935 Messages

2 y ago

@wroloson wrote:

I am bundled with TV, Internet, and Phone.  I have a landline, only, and don't have a cell phone (and don't want one).   However, I can still text (until March).  It is a very nice feature!  My friends that do have cell phones can text me via my landline number.  I get a hard copy email of their text, as well as in the TEXT tab within Xfinity Connect where I can respond to them via my desktop cpu.  This is all through the Xfinity Home Page tabs.  The texting is going away as of 03/24/2020.   As for the TV I mentioned, that is pretty much self-explanatory.  Must all be part of Comcast's "The Future is Awesome" campaign.

If one has a cell phone, I doubt the texting change will affect them.  I don't know.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you.  Yes it does.  Sorry Comcast saw fit to eliminate what sounds like a great feature.  One that I never knew existed, but can now understand why some want and need it.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I would have not renewed and gone with at and t.  I have been a loyal customer at current address for 39 years.  Is there anything we can do to reverse this situation?

mpastene

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Does anyone know if you can Port your Comcast Xfinity VoIP phone number to a cell phone service? Do I have rights to retain my Xfinity phone number?
maxlechat

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 y ago

LIKEWISE. THEIR CHARGES ARE OUTRAGEOUS AND CS STINKS. FOR ME, THOUGH, THEY'RE THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN. GOOD LUCK.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I AGREE with EVERY SINGLE WORD. I also signed a 2-year contract, and have had the same services/ channels eliminated that I signed a contract for, PLUS they have also dropped STARZ (except on demand) so I don't think viewers will be able to watch any new 'Outlander' episodes. ----It seems a binding contract is not a contract for Comcast!

wroloson

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

No, probably not.  Unfortunately, for the most part, I think these forums are simply a way for us to vent, complain, even share, without bothering (in this case, Comcast) anyone.

New to the Community?

Start Here