dastaggs's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Dropping Xfinity Connect texting March 2020

So, when you get too embarrassed , you just drop services, huh?

Pathetic.

Responses

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

1 y ago

@Don_M1 wrote:
Sorry. I mistyped. Of course, I didn't mean Verizon. I meant Xfinity VoIP... Ready to drop it because you withdrew SMS service, and to add insult yo injury, in thr same month you raised my bill by some $25. Ridiculous!

Thanks for clarifying!  When we added Xfinity digital voice to our premium tier bundle years ago and disconnected the Verizon land line we saved a lot of money. Verizon was almost $70 a  month and adding voice to our Xfinity bundle was hardly noticeable.  As a retired AT&T network engineer I find Xfinity voice to be superior to a traditional telcom landline in so many ways. 

I do miss being able to text from my computer but am getting  used to it already as there is nothing I can do about it. I do have a  big issue that every time Comcast removes a feature/channels they do not give us a break on the bill and every year they want to raise the bottom line cost. I fight them like crazy to get a promotional discount. Its not easy but with perseverance its doable....SO FAR....lol. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Agreed, this was a very useful feature including 2-Factor ID. Please bring it back. I use it as much if not more than phone.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I use texting more than e-mail also.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Just when I was looking to use Text Messaging from my computer, Comcast takes it away!  Nice job Comcast! NOT.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

It stinks

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 m ago

Now even after months of the sunset of this text messaging feature I'm still dealing with the fallouts from this Xfinity decision. I have xfinity voice, internet, cable for many years and the use it for business. The ability to text to my xfinity is posted on my website and I am having a difficult time having it removed (since I can no longer receive text messages to my business) due to unforeseen complicated situation which I won't go into other than to say the site was set up and coded by someone who is no longer on earth and web designers who have looked into it have stated it will be difficult to make changes to any of the web pages where it shows the text messaging number because of how it was coded.

Bottom line, I won't discuss my feelings about why this feature was deleted as that is neither here nor there at this point, my main point of dissatisfaction and dissapointment is how it was done with absolutely no care or consideration to those of us this feature was very important for.

How difficult would've been (or maybe still possible?) to have deleted the feature but added some ability to have the messaging forwarded to another number such as my mobile number? I doubt that would have been too much trouble or expense for Xfinity? I've searched endlessly for a solution (google voice, paying a third party etc..) but none have been the answer for one reason or another. I called an Xfinity representative to get their possible alternative solutions and they had none.

Can you not, even at this point, add in a feature to have the text messages forwarded to another number?

Having potential customers text a number shown on my website and it just disappearing into thin air without their knowledge and losing business until I figure out a solution is adding undue stress. Please consider offering us an alternative solution other than just saying no soup for you.

Thanks

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

• 

3K Messages

10 m ago

@Atlbro wrote:

Now even after months of the sunset of this text messaging feature I'm still dealing with the fallouts from this Xfinity decision. I have xfinity voice, internet, cable for many years and the use it for business. The ability to text to my xfinity is posted on my website and I am having a difficult time having it removed (since I can no longer receive text messages to my business) due to unforeseen complicated situation which I won't go into other than to say the site was set up and coded by someone who is no longer on earth and web designers who have looked into it have stated it will be difficult to make changes to any of the web pages where it shows the text messaging number because of how it was coded.

Bottom line, I won't discuss my feelings about why this feature was deleted as that is neither here nor there at this point, my main point of dissatisfaction and dissapointment is how it was done with absolutely no care or consideration to those of us this feature was very important for.

How difficult would've been (or maybe still possible?) to have deleted the feature but added some ability to have the messaging forwarded to another number such as my mobile number? I doubt that would have been too much trouble or expense for Xfinity? I've searched endlessly for a solution (google voice, paying a third party etc..) but none have been the answer for one reason or another. I called an Xfinity representative to get their possible alternative solutions and they had none.

Can you not, even at this point, add in a feature to have the text messages forwarded to another number?

Having potential customers text a number shown on my website and it just disappearing into thin air without their knowledge and losing business until I figure out a solution is adding undue stress. Please consider offering us an alternative solution other than just saying no soup for you.

Thanks

===

If you get a response on here from Comcast I will be stunned.  What did they offer when we rebeled against the change in the first place. Crickets!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 m ago

Fit to be tied. Had thnumber on my business cards. Had to print new ones. But what am I to do with all those cards already in the hands of my customers? This is no way to conduct business!
Bumkitty

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

10 m ago

You know, it might be worth starting all over again with a brand new thread with a new subject line.

Repeat all of what you just said -- maybe there are some fresh eyes out there.

New to the Community?

Start Here