U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 20, 2021 1:58 PM

Disgusted

The xfinity connect app was an easy access for emails and voice. I’m very upset about this change. I might as well use my other email address that has an app. This is unacceptable. I’m seriously considering letting my home phone service go!

Responses

KLSP4449

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

24 d ago

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE DISGUSTED ABOUT THIS, FOR OLDER PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF IT WAS VERY EASY TO GET AND SEND EMAIL.

WITH THE THOUSANDS OF APPS AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE TO USE FOR THEIR CONNIVENCE XFINITY HAD TO GET RID OF THIS ONE, I GUESS THIS MUST HAVE BEEN THE ONE THING THAT XFINITY/ COMCAST NEEDED TO GET RID OF TO MAKE A PROFIT, PLUS NOW THEY WANT TO CHARGE EXTRA FOR THE SERVICES THAT I HAD ON MY DVR FOR MANY YEARS TOO.

TIME TO START SHOPPING AROUND FOR ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER.

THANKS FOR NOTHING XFINITY

MORBIUS250

LCWATER

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

24 d ago

It's sickening.  The excuse upper mgmt gave was not many people were using it.  I asked where were they getting that information from because obviously they were not checking the download #s or even the forum.  This is the 2nd feature I was faithfully using that they got rid of.  I have a landline and use it primarily for everything.  Many businesses and even when a person registers for something online want a mobile #.  I used to be able to enter my landline # because I could receive the text message on my landline.  Just had to log in to read/send.  Xfinity dropped that feature too. Now they get rid of the Connect App.  The best thing they had.  Xfinity has gone down hill.  They charge these outrages rates for things included in packages I don't even need/use, yet what I was using, they get rid of.  The only reason why I chose to stay with them after this announcement is because at least I can receive a transcript of the voicemail. Just now have to go back to logging in via the webbrowser (wow, a step backwards). If they get rid of the transcript feature, I will now do what others have done which is purchase my own modem (vs. renting), have my landline # changed to a cell phone # (at least I was told that can be done) considering I've had this same number for ever, update all of my televisions to smart tvs, buy more firesticks, and just purchase networks directly from the network.  

Official Employee

• 

6.7K Messages

22 d ago

Hello all. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. We appreciate your feedback about the sunset of the Xfinity Connect Mobile App. Please know that you will still be able to access your Comcast email, view and listen to your voicemail, and manage all your calling features and settings in the Xfinity Connect web portal (connect.xfinity.com).

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here