Anon121602's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Comcast Connect - error during send

For the past few weeks it has been very difficult sending email with the Comcast Connect iPhone app. After hitting “send” many times we get the message “error during send - message saved to Draft folder”. If I go to the drafts folder and try to resend it, a few times it will send it properly but most times it continues to fail to send. I have tried logging out of the connect app, restarting the app and then logging in again but that does not help. My wife is having the same problem with her Comcast email account on a different iPhone, so this appears to be a Comcast email server issue. What is going on?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I’ve been getting the same thing. What is going on???

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

My Wife has same issue. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, then I went back into Drafts and saw where it made an attempt to send out of Outbox and then went back into Drafts. This started back in May 2020 and has got progressively worse. Her account has a huge amount of emails that she never deletes and she is doing that over the next few days. I'll post back if that has any change but I think it is server-side.

Anon121602

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I happened across a post somewhere that mentioned Comcast changing the port used for sending smtp email to the Comcast email servers and that the port might be blocked by ISP providers. This appears to be the problem. When using a wireless connection other than at my house, my messages are failing to send. The fix appears to be turning off my WiFi and the message will then sent properly over cellular. This just started happening recently so it now seems it is due to changes made to the smtp ports Comcast switches to. I don’t know how they can expect customers to contact various ISP’s asking for change their firewalls.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Same issues:
Unable to send any email from the Comcast connect APP on my phone. Get an error did not send and goes to the drafts folder.
Always now, never works

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I can sent messages but I cannot reply to my messages sent to me. Anybody with the same problem?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

Hi GARYHOLTFRETER. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with your Xfinity email issue. Are you reaching an error message when trying to reply?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

ComcastJoeTru...can you answer the question above about connect app not sending email with message “cannot send going to draft folder”? 

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@PAStack Thank you for reaching out as well via Xfinity Forums! The Xfinity Connect App is being retired as of April 20th, 2021, but in the meantime, you should be able to send and receive messages as normal. If you go to https://comca.st/3c3gSCg which is optimized for mobile devices, are you having the same issue with messages not sending and going to your drafts folder? 

Here is more information regarding the upcoming app sunset: https://comca.st/3c3whm3

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Can you answer the question same thing happening to me. Replies to emails get error message and go to drafts folder. Is it being fixed?????

XfinityJodie

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

@user_0d3e49 Hello! If there are issues with the Connect App, we would suggest using the online portal for now and as the Connect App will be ending in the next month: https://comca.st/3180V7I;

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastAbbie...yes it works with xfinity.connect address but not with app on my iPad. I used to use the mail app on phone and iPad and set it up for xfinity. Then I was having difficulty with hiccups happening with that. When I went to xfinity store I was told to use the Connect app b/c it was better for security. There were some things about it that I didn’t like and gave suggestions to them but continued to use it. Now you are discontinuing the app. I’m also disappointed that you closed the only store in the North Hills of PITTSBURGH and one now has to travel to the east end quite a distance away. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I can receive e-mails on my IPad but when I try to send I get an error message & my replies go to a draft folder. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do to fix this.  What is the Connect app mentioned above?  I’m not that tech savvy that I understand Pop & some of the other suggestions.  I’m very frustrated. Is there a simple fix?  IC

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

Hello, @Bick1! I hope your Friday is going well. The Xfinity Connect app is an Xfinity app that allows you to check Comcast emails and Voicemail. What email program are you using on your iPad? Are you using Gmail or Outlook? To mention a few. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Same thing! I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. It worked once and then started not sending again. So frustrating! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I definitely understand the importance of being able to use your email without any issues! I am truly sorry to let you know that as of April 20th we will be sunsetting the Xfinity Connect app and it no longer will be available. The good news it that you are also able to access and use your Xfinity email on a number of 3rd party email clients! This link will walk you through how to set it up and what email clients we support: https://comca.st/31Gh2cL. Please let us know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here