Stevomac's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 3:21 PM

Can't Load Email Subfolders to iPhone Mail Client

I received the notice that the Xfinity Connect App is being discontinued.  I set up my Comcast email in the iPhone mail client and can successfully pull in new emails, read them and delete them however my email subfolders do not appear at all.  I routinely move emails from my Inbox to subfolders.  I cannot  see the subfolders on my iPhone mail client nor manage any of the emails that are in them.  They are visible however on the Xfinity website as well as the Connect App.  How do I get my subfolders to appear in the iPhone email client?

Responses

ComcastJoey

Official Employee

• 

259 Messages

2 m ago

Hello and Happy Monday, @Stevomac! I hope you’re having a great weekend so far! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs! Going forward, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your subfolders using your third party mail client. To confirm, what mail client are you using exactly? Also, have you tried reaching out to their support team to see if they can offer any additional advice? Thanks so much again for all your patience! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

42 Messages

2 m ago

Folders should be available in your iPhone client. 

• Make sure you are setup with IMAP not POP
    • Settings >> Mail >> accounts >> select the Comcast account you setup >> This should show IMAP above your email address.
    • If it shows POP you should verify all your email and folders are available on the Xfinity webmail site, and if they are, remove the account from your iPhone and add the account back to your phone following the instructions outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email
  • Just a note: If you are new to the iPhone native client the folders are located under the list of mailboxes in the client and not directly under your inbox. 
  • There are a few other options if you have IMAP setup and the above does not work
    • Reboot the phone, this will sometimes cause the email settings to refresh, continue to the next step if this does not work.
    • Closeout the email client, go back to settings >> Mail >> accounts >> select the Comcast account you setup and toggle off "mail" wait a few minutes and toggle it back on.  Continue to the next step if this does not work
    • Once again verify all your mail and folders are on the Xfinity webmail site; Once verified, go back to settings >> Mail >> accounts >> select the Comcast account and delete the account and follow the link above to add the mailbox back in making sure that it gets setup as IMAP. 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

This does not work. On iPad mini with Os 14.4.2 there is NO place to choose between pop and imap. I manually wrote in host name as imap.comcast.net. I can see my Xfinity inbox in iPAd Mail app but nothing allows me to see all the subfolders I’ve created with Xfinity there. Now that Xfinity is dumping Xfinity Connect I need to solve this. Logging in to the Xfinity webpage every time I want to check or organize my email is very inconvenient. There must be a way to perfectly sync my Xfinity email with the iPad mail app. Any answers?

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

1 m ago

A quick reminder, if you do not wish to use an App at all, you can stay signed in to connect.xfinity.com by checking the "Stay signed in" box on the sign-in page.  You can also create a quick shortcut to connect.xfinity.com by doing the following:

Creating a shortcut on an iPhone or iPad

1. Launch Safari on your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌.
  2. Navigate to connect.xfinity.com
  3. Type your username and password. If you wish, check the box to "Stay Signed In." to make it faster to access next time
  4. Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
  5. Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen.
  6. You should now have an icon that you can tap to view your e-mail quickly!

Creating a shortcut on an Android phone

1. Launch Chrome app.
  2. Navigate to connect.xfinity.com
  3. Type your username and password. If you wish, check the box to "Stay Signed In." to make it faster to access next time
  4. Tap Menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
  5. You'll be able to enter a name for the shortcut, then tap "Add."
  6. You should now have an icon that you can tap to view your e-mail quickly

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

42 Messages

1 m ago

It appears the iPhone client gets stuck on automatically setting up pop sometimes. I found a workaround by putting in the wrong password which prevents the auto setup and allows you to select IMAP.   This will give you a screen similar to the below, just make sure IMAP is selected at the top.  Once you have IMAP setup you will have access to all the same folders you have on webmail that are tied to your Comcast email address.

iPhone showing how to enter account settings

All the settings are available here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Same issue and 45 minutes with “tech support” on the phone was a complete waste of time.

Official Employee

• 

148 Messages

Hi, @user_e18f3e are you using the same service and phone as others in this thread? The iPhone that is. If so, have you completed the steps outline in this thread? I know going through these steps can be frustrating and going back and forth between people, but we will do our best to find you a resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

42 Messages

1 m ago

Apple has communicated they resolved this issue a few days back. This means the built-in iPhone client should by default configure as IMAP for Comcast.net. This will allow the folders that are available on webmail to also be available on your iPhone. This will also allow mail to be in sync with webmail and your iPhone client. 

Note: If you adding your Comcast.net email to your iPhone as POP before Apple resolved the problem you will need to disable the POP setup and add your Comcast.net back to your phone. 

New to the Community?

Start Here