Dead1's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 2, 2019 10:00 AM

Blocking calls

I keep getting spam calls all hours of the day and night. Please tell me how I can block certain numbers.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

2 m ago

@Dead1 If you have an Android phone you should be able to block those calls.  Go to Contacts and in the upper right corner click on the three dots, then on Settings.  You should find a selection regarding call blocking.  Set up to your preferences.  Also, when you get a spam call on your cell phone you should be able to block it through your call log.  Click on the number as you would if you were going to create a new contact from it.  Then, click on the dots in the upper right corner and you should see an option to block the call.  And, if your cell provider provides it, check out Nomorobo.  Nomorobo is available for mobile and landline phones.

FWIW, spam calls went on the rise in February because of the stimulus check coming out, and they've still continued.  Yes, it's annoying as all get out, but at some point it should calm down again - until next time [tax refunds]. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

1 m ago

16 month old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here