msmona1's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 3, 2021 11:00 AM

Re: Xfi security?

You are correct. After quite some time and many, many privacy issues, I figured this out.  There is no replacement for the Nortons.  I went online and purchased another internet security.  I have the feeling that Comcast will try to charge more to provide this eventually.  So much difficulty installing since I am on a Desktop, not wireless.  Nothing but problems for 3 days now.

Responses

USAF_E-8_RET

Expert

• 

10.3K Messages

6 m ago

@msmona1 

@msmona1 wrote:

You are correct. After quite some time and many, many privacy issues, I figured this out.  There is no replacement for the Nortons.  I went online and purchased another internet security.  I have the feeling that Comcast will try to charge more to provide this eventually.  So much difficulty installing since I am on a Desktop, not wireless.  Nothing but problems for 3 days now.

Is the difficulty you are experiencing with the intallation of the new internet security program?

If so did you totally remove the Comcast version of Norton prior to installing new program?

Perhaps we can help with more details.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

I did delete Norton’s. I could not download app as I don’t have my own cell phone. Now my issue seems to that my landline will not work on the new modem. Sheesh! They say there’s an outage as well.

Official Employee

• 

210 Messages

5 m ago

Hi, @msmona1! Thanks for spending your time to reach out to XFINITY over our forums page and for patiently waiting for a response. I definitely understand the importance of having your voice service working correctly and apologize for the inconvenience that this can cause. Especially in times of emergencies! Let’s get that fixed! Please send us a private message with your name and address by clicking on my handle “ComcastGabe” so I can take a look at what’s going on.

New to the Community?

Start Here