U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Closed

Device assignment

I assign my son's computer to his profile so I control the time he has access, but he's done something to bypass. Device shows up with the same name but as a new unassigned device.

EG

Expert

• 

95.8K Messages

9 m ago

Concern moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

XfinityRaul

Official Employee

• 

733 Messages

9 m ago

Hello, @user_f74d05. We appreciate you brining this to our attention. We were just discussing something similar to this about last night regarding my nephew bypassing his scheduled time.

Please visit this link to learn more about assigning a device to a profile. You may need to add this unassigned device to your son's profile to avoid him from bypassing your settings

https://comca.st/3Eow4EV

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

how do you unassign a device?

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

Hello, @beedubya, thanks for reaching out to the forum for help with managing your network. I like to keep a close eye on what devices are connected to my modem, so I totally get where you're coming from. I love how the xFi app gives our customers a ton of control and flexibility with their network. We've created an awesome link to help walk our customers through the steps to managing their network. Can you please let me know if you're able to access that link and if it helped?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here