jagboy85628's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Jan 9, 2021 8:00 AM

XOne Receiver Crashes EVERY Night

For the last 7-10 days, our XOne box has been freezing or crashing EVERY night.  It's workign fine when you go to bed, but by morning it is unresponsive.  Sometimes, the video is ok, but there is NO optical audio out.  Other times, it is cimpletely dead, and the TV does not see any signal whatsoever.  In all cases, the remote does nothing, and the receiver power plug needs to be unplugged to get the receiver working again.

For the same period of time,  the receiver has been, overall, much slower than normal.  Getting the guide up, changing channels, all take MUCH longer to complete than they have for the last 6-9 months.  Changing channels will sometimes take 5-10 seconds.

NO problems whatsoever with Internet, and speed test consistently shows anywhere from 380-550MBps.

Is this the result of an XOne software update?  Or a bad receiver?

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

@jagboy85628 wrote:

For the last 7-10 days, our XOne box has been freezing or crashing EVERY night.  It's workign fine when you go to bed, but by morning it is unresponsive.  Sometimes, the video is ok, but there is NO optical audio out.  Other times, it is cimpletely dead, and the TV does not see any signal whatsoever.  In all cases, the remote does nothing, and the receiver power plug needs to be unplugged to get the receiver working again.

For the same period of time,  the receiver has been, overall, much slower than normal.  Getting the guide up, changing channels, all take MUCH longer to complete than they have for the last 6-9 months.  Changing channels will sometimes take 5-10 seconds.

NO problems whatsoever with Internet, and speed test consistently shows anywhere from 380-550MBps.

Is this the result of an XOne software update?  Or a bad receiver?

be sure the x1 power saver option is off. you may have a bad set top box. what is the model number? (do voice command 'about' and reply with rest of line to right of STB Version).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

STBVersion AX013AN_4.4p19s2_PROD_sey

This box worked just fine until about 10 days ago.  At first, there was only no optical audio output, but the last 4 nights, or more, by morning the receiver has crashed, and there is no HDMI output to the TV.

BTW - Voice command "about" is not recognized.  I had to go through the setup menu...

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

@jagboy85628 wrote:

STBVersion AX013AN_4.4p19s2_PROD_sey

This box worked just fine until about 10 days ago.  At first, there was only no optical audio output, but the last 4 nights, or more, by morning the receiver has crashed, and there is no HDMI output to the TV.

BTW - Voice command "about" is not recognized.  I had to go through the setup menu...

that is thenext-to-newest (last non-4k) DVR set top box. It is not known for any issues at this time other than some get a loud fan-buzz due to bearing failure in the cooling fan.  Your up and down data may be much less than needed causing these issues. High signal noise, low signal, or both can contribute. When a Comcast person looks in on this thread they might be able to use their tools to diagnose and/or send a tech to check your signal at the outside entry (demarcation point) outside the home. do you know your wiring setup? amplifiers? splitters?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

Does not appear anyone from Comcast is even paying attention to this forum.  I've been waiting days for a response.

Our signal quality is fine.  I've never seen LESS than ~350Mbps down, and 13Mbps up.  There is no way the receiver needs anywhere near that much.  We have two splitters, and only the TV and cable modem connected.  No issues with picture quality, only the receiver going out to lunch - sometimes no audio, often the remote control simply stops working.  In every case, pulling and re-plugging the receivers power cord restores normal operation.  The next night, it crashes again.

As annoying as this is, it is 1000X better than ANY previous Comcast receiver we've had...

New to the Community?

Start Here