Steve931's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 4:44 PM

Recording favorite teams

The DVR is set to record my favorite sports team but in MLB Extra Innings, that I subscribe to, the DVR always records the team my favorite teams playing against broadcast instead of my teams broadcast with my teams announcers. This is very annoying because I always have to cancel one recording and manually set the recording of the game I want to record. I cancelled my subscription last year because of this and I will again this year if xfinity doesn't fix this glitch.  I complained last year too to no avail. I guess I'm the only one with this issue!

XfinityEthan

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 m ago

@Steve931. Thanks for letting us know! There are others who state this happening and the best firs step is to put in a ticket to bring awareness. We like to get specific details for the ticket and if you can provide the channel I can get it going. You can watch your teams broadcast live, correct? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ yes, I can manually set to record the Cardinals on channel 3026 but the dvr records the channel of the team the Cardinals are playing automatically because the dvr is set to record my favorite teams which in this case is the St Louis Cardinals.  So it should record the game on channel 3026 but it records the channel of the team my favorite team is playing. Takes away the convenience of knowing my game will be recorded automatically to me having to check my recording schedule and cancel the Cardinals opponents game recording and manually set the dvr to record channel 3026. They play 162 games! That's a lot of worry for something I shouldn't have to.  Thanks for replying 

Official Employee

• 

608 Messages

Thank you so much for letting us know! I can see why that would be frustrating! I know that this is something we are looking to adjust, I just don't have a window on that yet. Just keep an ewye on your website and I can promise you that you will be one of the first see it! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

The issue is the system records in alphabetical order so if your home team name is say "New York" and they are playing "Chicago" you get the Chicago feed. It really annoys me too. You should be able to specify that you want it to record from your team feed by default.

Official Employee

• 

400 Messages

@EdSteiner I appreciate you providing another example of the default recording. Please keep your eye out for the future adjustments. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is still occurring and it’s plenty annoying.  Please check on the status of this issue.

thanks,

steve

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just switched to Xfinity and this is very annoying as the Astros are also not being recorded on the home feed but rather on the opponents home feed. they need to put a filter in to indicate what channel to prioritize. Comcast use to have it where you put in a filter every time this team plays live on this channel record it. What a pain that they went backwards in their capabilities. I might go back to directv. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here