billmich88888's profile

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Sun, Nov 29, 2020 11:00 AM

Question about the ESPN3 app on X1 boxes,

I have quite the TV set up for college football Saturdays (15 screens actually), though some screens are bigger than others and in more prime viewing positioning.

ESPN used to allow 5 concurrent ESPN3 streams, but starting about 2 years ago, that number was reduced to 3. 

Many of the games I desire to watch are via this ESPN3 platform and I can use 3 in my name, 3 using the log in of my wife that's connected to my account - and a friend has also graciously allowed me his credentials, so I can spread out the log-ins over as many different devices and not go over the 3 stream threshold that ESPN3 imposes. - these games are usually used for my chromecasts, laptops, xbox app...etc..etc

Yesterday I decided to place a game on a screen that is connected to an X1 box, I went to the app, and started watching the game, then it got me wondering, which login is this X1 box using?  Can I log out of "my" account, and re-log back in using my wife's account? I am assuming that I would never be able to use "someone else's account"  - Maybe I could create a 3rd/4th account and get 3/6 more streams by utilizing them.

The above is the backstory and broader picture - the BOLDED part is my direct question. I never remember doing a sign in to that account when the ESPN3 app first appeared, but then again that was over 2 years ago.

Anyone that can provide the answer of which username/password credentials the X1 box is using would be most appreciate (I am the #1 person on the account, so maybe it defaults to MY credentials)

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration

Responses

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

6 m ago

anyone?

might this be more of a billing question, or be better placed in a different forum location?

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

6 m ago

how would I log out of the app and then log back in using a different  user name/password?

Official Employee

• 

202 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you so much for reaching out with the ESPN 3 inquiry! I love my college football, so I understand the importance of having your set up working correctly! You have reached the right place for help! After further research, I have discovered that when you have XFINITY Internet and a subscription to ESPN as part of your XFINITY TV service, you will be able to access ESPN3 on X1 or a Flex device without using a username/password. Make sense? For more details on ESPN’s streaming networks on XFINITY X1, please feel free to visit the following link. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/espn-ott-frequently-asked-questions

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

6 m ago

@ComcastGabe wrote:

Thank you so much for reaching out with the ESPN 3 inquiry! I love my college football, so I understand the importance of having your set up working correctly! You have reached the right place for help! After further research, I have discovered that when you have XFINITY Internet and a subscription to ESPN as part of your XFINITY TV service, you will be able to access ESPN3 on X1 or a Flex device without using a username/password. Make sense? For more details on ESPN’s streaming networks on XFINITY X1, please feel free to visit the following link. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/espn-ott-frequently-asked-questions

since ESPN limits the number of concurrent streams to 3 at any one time, i am wondering if utilizing it through the set top box is eating up one of those streams via my main username/password...?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

6 m ago

@billmich88888 Yes, if you are using the set-top box, as an app, the box will be counted as a device. 

Thank you for reaching out to us here. If you have any other questions, please let me know! 

New to the Community?

Start Here