U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 5:21 PM

Closed

Pause and rewind

My x1 box just stopped pausing live TV and will not allow me to rewind live TV. Cannot find a solution to this problem

Official Employee

• 

374 Messages

9 m ago

Hello @user_cf10b1, thank you for being a part of the Comcast family and for taking the time to reach out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having concerns with your X1 Cable box with the pause and rewind feature. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps for a resolution? Just a friendly reminder, if you are ever experiencing issues with your equipment/services, you can troubleshoot your devices by downloading the XFINITY My Account app. You can also manage your account and appointments with the XFINITY My Account app or web link https://comca.st/3FYy8oW. I really love this app, I use it all the time when I have concerns with my services. The other day my services were acting up, once I ran a few troubleshooting steps I got my Cable working properly before it was a bit sluggish. I highly recommend using this app whenever needed. I love that Comcast does an amazing job of making it easy for you to manage your account and services online. 

mike_Z

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

9 m ago

Installing an app on your phone does not sound like a valid fix for your problem but rather more self-service.

Official Employee

• 

374 Messages

Hello @mike_Z, I have responded to your private message please continue to respond to that one as it is private. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

I'm having the same issue on my 2nd TV small X1 Box.  Can't Skip or rewind as I used to be able to do a few weeks ago.  It's like an update disabled it.  My main TV connected into my X1 DVR unit still works fine.   The error message says Function no supported on this settop box.  I spoke with Chat support and we restarted the X1 box and re-paired the XR11 Remote control.  Still doesn't work.  Some recent update seems to have removed this function.  I will try replacing the X1 box as soon as I am able. 

Official Employee

• 

657 Messages

Thank you for sharing this information, @Joelm227. I appreciate the time you have taken to troubleshoot the issue with our chat support team. If you would like to review the replacement options please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here