Debgil's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 3:28 AM

DVR vs TVRemote app

Percent full on DVR (77%, 173 recordings) doesn’t match the 96% shown by the Xfinity TVRemote. Which is right?

Responses

Official Employee

• 

85 Messages

2 m ago

Hello there @Debgil thank you for taking the time to reach our to us via our awesome Xfinity Forums. You came to the right place for help and we would love the opportunity to clarify your DVR storage. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

Debgil

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityJorge this doesn’t answer my question at all

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

@Debgil Whoops sorry about that. That is odd the remote app doesn't match the actual cable box number. The cable box amount is the most accurate so I would suggest going with that. 

We can look more into that for you, by sending us private message with the directions Jorge provided. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

450 Messages

why is everything about private message. I am interested in the answer as well, even if i dont have the symptoms

why the secrecy?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 m ago

I’ve had this same issue for at least 6 months, if not longer. I never used the tv remote app. One morning a bunch of shows I had on the dvr were mysteriously gone. Not listed in Deleted, just gone. My % on my dvr prior to the deletions was around 85-90% so I knew it was getting close but did not expect shows to be deleted until it hit 100%. I browsed this forum at that time and found out about the tv remote app. Sure enough, the app showed my % to be higher. After the deletions my dvr showed 80% but the app showed 95%. Since then I check the app occasionally and it always is about 10-15% higher than the dvr, yet they both include all of the same shows as being on the dvr. It doesn’t make any sense to me, but the app % is the one that Xfinity is using to trigger deletions when it thinks the dvr is full. 

XfinityBrie

Official Employee

• 

344 Messages

Hi there @Dennisnlaurie, I checked your symptoms described against our current incident board and didn't see a match for any open or known incidents. With this in mind, we'd open an incident case and link your account to it for repairs. Often times, if there isn't a wide-spread issue, there isn't an open incident ticket that we can advise of, so repairs are done on as needed basis, per each account--it's why you'll see us asking from time to time to send a private message so we can collect your account information, open an incident ticket, and then once a repair has been provided, circle back publicly to provide that fix to the forum.

Keep in mind, your X1 DVR will automatically delete certain recordings, base on your settings.

Keep Your Recordings: You can keep your recordings for up to one year, but you may need to erase some recorded programs from time to time in order to make room for new ones. You can change the recording option to For 1 Year if you want to be able to watch them over and over again. Choose Record OptionsModify Recording (if it's a series, you’ll also have the option to modify just the episode or the series), then save For 1 Year.

• If your DVR storage is full of recordings saved for one year and you attempt to schedule a new recording, you'll be notified that your storage is full, and you'll be unable to start a new recording until you delete an existing recording.

Deleted Recordings

Automatically Erase Recordings: The X1 DVR will automatically erase programs when space is needed. The DVR will delete the oldest recordings first. However, you can change the recording option to save For 1 Year.

Delete Recordings: You can delete recordings by going to the Saved section and navigating to Recordings. Deleted recordings are located within the Recordings section - they can be found in the last row on the page. Learn more about deleting a recording on X1.

Recover Deleted Recordings: If you accidentally deleted a recording, no problem! Check the Deleted option in your X1 DVR. Select the recording you wish to recover and select Recover to move it back to your recordings or select Delete Now to permanently delete it. Learn more about recovering a recording deleted from your X1 DVR.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityBrie thanks for your reply. I’m dealing with the issue by making sure I check the tv remote app to verify I’m not close to hitting full of my dvr. 

Unfortunately none of the info in the Deleted Recordings part of your note is true in my case. My dvr showed less than 100%, recordings were deleted, not by me, that were listed to be kept, and they did not show up in Deleted Recordings so I was unable to get them back.

I posted in this forum when it happened and got the run around, saying that it wouldn’t have happened, but it did.

I just wanted the person who originally posted this thread to know they weren’t alone. 

Official Employee

• 

138 Messages

Thank you so much for keeping us informed.  We always want to make sure our customers are being provided with the best experience with their service.  Your feedback and suggestions are always more than welcome here.  The more that we know, the better experience we can provide you and the rest of our Xfinity Family.  How long ago was this?  Is this a recurring issue for you in your home?  

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityArmand The difference between my dvr % and tv remote app % has been ongoing at least since March, probably longer as I never used the app prior to that time.  The mysterious deletion of programs from my dvr when the dvr % was around 85-90%, not deleted by me, deleted programs completely disappeared, not even listed as Deleted, occurred in March (I think, I posted about it and can look back to find actual date) and also happened once previous to that in Nov. 2019. I did not know about the tv remote app in Nov. 2019 so I do not know if at that time the app thought the dvr was at 100% and deleted programs or what happened. In Nov. 2019, Xfinity was unable to see on their end what happened or find my deleted programs or explain to me why programs were deleted. 

Debgil

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Somehow the % used is now in sync between the DVR and the TV Remote app. Don’t ask how, it just is. Also, what isn’t mentioned in recovering deleted recordings is that the function only lasts for a day or two. Don’t delete for a couple days and you’ll see ‘deleted recording’ is zero.

New to the Community?

Start Here