RunningBear1961's profile

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Sat, Jun 12, 2021 5:48 PM

Cannot Pair Konka Remote with either XR11 or XR15 remote!

I must have the only remote on the planet that does not pair with Xfinity. It's a new Konka 4K TV, and none of the pairing codes work.

I did the direct entry thing, mute+mic, entered all six known 5-digit codes for the Konka TV and nothing worked.

The thing that bothers me is, on the old set up box it worked. Now I cannot get the volume control, power, or mute buttons to work on the XR15 remote.

I just swapped everything out yesterday, and I've wasted four hours trying to get it to work.

Yeah, it's that important.

My TV remote is not backlit and I live in a dark room. I need to see the buttons in the dark, plus, it's just so 90's to have two remotes going at the same time.

I was wondering if there was a way to pair the XR15 remote with the Konka remote so that the XR15 can read the same code as the one that works. The codes stored in Xfinity setup do not work.

Any suggestions would help. And yes, I have done both a system reset and reboot on both the TV and the Xfinity box (newest) three times and it still won't pair.

Frustrating.

????

Responses

Official Employee

• 

98 Messages

2 m ago

Hi, @RunningBear1961. Thanks for reaching out about your remote pairing.  I am a fan of the XR15 backlight and also need it for my setup! I can understand wanting to get it to work and you have taken the correct steps so far. It is recommended to factory reset the remote one time and try again if you have not already.

1. Simultaneously press and hold the A button [triangle] and the D button [diamond] until the status light on the remote changes from red to green. This takes about 5 seconds.
  2. Press 9-8-1 on your remote to complete the factory reset. Once this is complete you can retry pairing your XR15 remote.

If you still have issues, send us a peer-to-peer message and we can check to see if there are more codes using your account. (specific to equipment)

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/33K74s5

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

2 m ago

I've done the 9-8-1 sequence 20 times. The Xfinity rep is here now and both he and his supe are stumped.

The concensus is, the newer box ROM had the Konka IR codes cleared out. My Konka remote is IR, but the XR11 and the XR15 are RF, so there is no way to make them read each other.

The XR2 remote worked right away, but of course you know, no voice commands.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

2 m ago

It may seem like I said the non-working codes should be updated to the master server, so I apologize for my word sequence.

What I meant was, the codes are not working because they are not on the master cloud at Xfinity that stores them. They must have been wiped or erased.

And also, the codes will actually work once they ARE updated to the master Xfinity cloud. That's the hope, anyway.

New to the Community?

Start Here