Q

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Sep 28, 2022 12:17 AM

Can the X1 DVR buffer channels on all 6 tuners for live viewing, or does it just buffer the channel I'm watching?

Hi, I just picked up an X1 DVR after years of using a TiVo. The TiVo allows 6 channels to buffer live simultaneously. Thus, if I am watching Channel A on tuner 1, I am able to jump to Channel B on tuner 2 and view the past 30 minutes of anything I missed there; and can do the same across all 6 tuners.

Is this possible with the X1 DVR? I know it can record 6 tuners simultaneously -- just wondering if it can also live buffer all 6 to view the past 30-60 minutes of whatever channels I've loaded into those tuners.

Accepted Solution

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

2 months ago

short answer is no just the actively viewed channel. the way to accomplish this is to press record on one channel, then tune to the other and hit record. then use 'last' to alternate between the two recordings.

Administrator

• 

5K Messages

2 months ago

@qwerty10972 

Thank you for posting your X1 question here in the Xfinity Forum. As mentioned by our Expert @Rustyben we do not have simultaneous tuners for our X1 equipment, however, many programs on X1 now allow you to restart from the beginning regardless of when you started watching, this way you can catch the entire program. To restart a program, simply look for the prompt when navigating to a new program on X1. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here