waingro7's profile

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 2:35 AM

4K NOT WORKING for Ohio St v Minn Game

I’ve got a 4K tv and an X1 4K box but when trying to watch the Ohio St v Minn game on Fox the 4K feed ISNT WORKING! Just a black screen. Is this a FOX problem? An Xfinity problem? Or BOTH?

I reset the box and it still doesn’t work, black screen.

What am I paying $200+ / no for this GARBAGE 4K service? It’s a JOKE!

You rule Xfinity! Keep on ripping everyone off! YAY!

Responses

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Saw the same here tonight... the 4K feed was a black screen for the entire OSU-MN game on my XG1v4 box.  Have not had this problem on the few other 4K live shows I've watched in the past.  Of course, even when it does work, it's not true 4K because Fox is not using 4K cameras -- they're just upscaling from 1080 (at least that's what I've seen reported). 

dcfox

Contributor

• 

379 Messages

1 m ago

Noticed the same thing

Official Employee

• 

254 Messages

1 m ago

Hello @waingro7, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our community forums. I completely understand your frustration, I don't like missing my team play either. It would appear the network decided to Blackout the game. Sometimes sports can be subject to blackout restrictions. A blackout is when sports teams and leagues (or schools and conferences) prohibit certain games from being seen on certain channels due to ticket sales or games being carried on other channels.

was this the only channel having this issue?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAldrik   Can't speak for waingro7, but I replied above as having the same issue.  No other channels were having this issue.  This game was listed as "now showing in 4K" under the "4K" search results on my X1.  Living in Illinois, I have no idea why this game would have been intentionally blacked out in my area.  And, from my experience, when a game is being blacked out intentionally, the broadcaster/distributor has the sense to put a statement on the screen so that viewers know why it's not being shown.  There was nothing displayed in this case other than an totally black screen.  My last comment is that Xfinity people probably shouldn't need to be speculating about whether it was intentionally blacked out or not -- seems you should know. 

dcfox

Contributor

• 

379 Messages

Yea it was not blacked out here as it was fine on HD channel. Just the 4K feed was Black. 

waingro7

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

1 m ago

Yeah it was listed as available in 4K… no reason for it to be blacked out in WA state as it was on the regular Fox HD channel. Another 4K game on Sat worked fine so it had to be a technical glitch with that feed.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

340 Messages

Hi, @waingro7. You are correct it was a technical issue and we work with providers when this happens to prevent future issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here