sproutful's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 2:00 PM

Verifying Number as Mobile Number & Removing Old Number

have two numbers associated with my login.  The one needs to be removed, but I am unable to find anywhere to remove it.  The other number is my mobile.  When I attempt to verify the number as my mobile it tells me "This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account."  I have one other user under my account and that number is not listed there.  How do I remove the old number and verify my cell?  

Update: I got my mobile number verified but still can't figure out how to remove an old number.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

6 m ago

Hi @sproutful, PM me and we'll take a look at this. Click my name and the "message" button.

Note for anyone else reading this, you need to be @ by the Digital Care team or Official Employees in order to message them per forum rules. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Hello,

I have a related problem - I have just one current account, but am unable to register my mobile number for this because I keep getting an error message stating it is associated with another account already (possibly my older account which was for a prior service address?) 

We're having to use a family member's mobile number for 2F authentication, which is not convenient. Any help would be very much appreciated!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Tagging @ComcastJonathan 

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

6 m ago

Hi @satish_padiyar  can you private message me and we'll take a look? 

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

6 m ago

@satish_padiyar following up as we haven't heard back from you, thanks.

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

6 m ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. @satish_padiyar

New to the Community?

Start Here