U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 31, 2022 7:17 PM

Unlimited Data Option Opt Out

There is no way to opt out or contact a customer service representative to opt out of the unlimited data plan.

I am currently looking to do that and am only met with other posts like this one that are then met with responses to the post but no resource to quickly do it yourself.

XfinityEthan

Official Employee

• 

879 Messages

5 m ago

Hi, @user_a1999e. Thanks for letting us know! Unlimited data can only be removed by an agent and I would be happy to help.

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

@Xfinity Support 

The ability to send direct messages seems to have disappeared. I also want to opt out of the Unlimited Data Option but cannot find a way to do so. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

231 Messages

Hello, @user_7efd50, thank you for letting us know you would also like to have the unlimited data removed! We would be glad to assist! If you did not see the option to message us with the little paper, sometimes, it can not be present until a public post is made. Since you are requesting that we remove something from the account, we will need some account-specific information,

please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
Again

Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

@user_7efd50 Just an FYI.....

The sending of a Direct Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here