ajr22's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 1:41 AM

"Revive" Xfinity ID from previously disconnected account

Hello,

I previously had Xfinity service at a prior address. Last year, I moved out of this address and temporarily moved in with my parents to "ride out the COVID storm". Now I am moving into my own residence again and Xfinity is my only option for internet.

I placed an order for new service at the new address, but when I'm prompted to create an account ID to access my account online, I can't use the same username that I had before, because in the Xfinity database, that ID is "taken".

I can still log in with the old username and password, but it shows a disconnected account. If I try to "move service" or "add service", and error screen appears. How can I retain this username/password at the new address? It still has my Gmail email address and cell phone number on file, so I would like to keep using this login instead of having to create a new one and learning a new ID.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

71 Messages

2 m ago

Hi @ajr22! We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Community Forum to get help with having your username transferred to your account. I know how much easier this would make things for you and want to help get this taken care of. Please click the Peer to Peer chat icon in the top right corner of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. Please include your first and last name and full address so we can further assist you.

New to the Community?

Start Here