am12345's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 9:00 PM

Error when linking new account: A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are...

I have/had 3 accounts: my parent's home, old apartment, new apartment. Originally my parent's home and my old apartment accounts were linked to the same profile.

When I moved out of my old apartment I had that service transfered to the new apartment. Things were good until I try to link my new aparment's account to my profile. But I'm always met with this error after verifying my new aparment's address "A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later."

I've tried reloading and waiting a day to attempt again but no luck. There's not a general answer for this issue online from what I've seen rather most are handled on an individual basis. Can I get some help on this please?

Responses

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

8 m ago

Hi @am12345,

Please private message me with your account numbers and addresses and we'll take a look at your setup.

To PM, click my name and click "message"

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Hi @ComcastJonathan,

I am facing the same issue with my account as well.

"Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later."

Can someone look into my account if I provide the account number or phone number?

Thank You,

Thank You,

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

6 m ago

@SPatel82 if you want to PM me with your information I can look into it, thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Hello, @ComcastJonathan.

I am having a similar issue. I created an Xfinity account back in 2018, cancelled that service after moving, and then in 2020 created a new account for service at a different address. I have tried several times over several weeks to link this account to my online login, but I get this "A communication error has occurred" message every time, no matter which browser I use. Because of this, I have been unable to manage or view anything about this account online.

I cannot find the account number for my new (current) account, but I have all the other information including the address, and would be happy to message this information to you if you think you could fix the issue.

Official Employee

• 

328 Messages

6 m ago

@jordanimayer, feel free to send us a private message anytime as well.

Please click on my name and use the send message option to send a private message. If you can include your name, and service address I can help locate your account and take a closer look at your usernames. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

I'm having the same issue. I deactivated my old account and added a new one at different address and I can't link it to pay my bill. I'm so frustrated that there are no solutions to this. 

Official Employee

• 

106 Messages

4 m ago

Hi, @Devonjmoore! Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the issue you're experiencing. Please send us a private message for further assistance. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastBianca" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Hi there. I am having the same issue. I am trying to link a new account but every time I try I get the same error message and doesn't go forward. Can someone help me with this? thanks

New to the Community?

Start Here