lairdjnelson's profile

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

Thu, Nov 25, 2021 5:56 PM

Pixelation all of a sudden

I'm a TiVo user in case it matters (it rarely does).

With my Xfinity cable TV service all of a sudden we're getting pixelation on most of the channels.  From checking the signal-to-noise ratio via my TiVo diagnostics screen I can see that it has fallen to just above barely OK: this means that sometimes the signals come in fine, and sometimes they break up.  That's digital for ya.

All connectors and cables in my little installation were put there by Xfinity technicians.  There are two splitters in front of the television (that have to be there)—but not six, or twelve.  I say all this just because this is not your normal "the user used bad hardware from Walmart" issue.  Nor have rats chewed through the cables, or anything like that.  My internet service is working fine.

Is there any way to run a line check or something like that from the Xfinity mothership before I go to the trouble of getting a tech out?  I'm in Bainbridge Island, WA, USA.

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

682 Messages

7 d ago

@lairdjnelson Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with picture quality on your TV. Since you aren't experiencing issues with the internet, have you checked the connection to the TV box and are you using any sort of splitter?

New to the Community?

Start Here