DarleneA's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 2:00 AM

ORDER FOR NEW BOX FOR CBS ALL ACCESS????? Is it DVR? Need answers quickly please.

First, will there be a charge for CBS all access? Second, I have a DVR now but suddenly I'm told I need something different because of CBS all access. I got a confirmation that new equipment is being sent but doesn't say if it's still DVR. I'd not, I don't want to change just to have CBS all access. Can't seem to find any specific info on this. HELP!!!!

Responses

Accepted Solution

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

6 m ago

You do not need to get CBSAA just because you have a DVR. It's an optional subscription just like all the other services. What may be confusing is whether you have X1 or the older legacy boxes (with the blue menus.) You must have X1 to use any of the streaming apps with a Comcast cable box. Also, Comcast is starting to not give out true DVR's anymore. They are relying more and more on their Cloud DVR service. For newer users, you get something like 20 hours for free, and can pay extra for more storage space.

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Yes there’s a charge, it’s like Netflix, Prime etc (not free)
Some equipment isn’t compatible with CBS All Access, if you have a dvr you’ll get a dvr

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Do you know what charge is? Do we have to get CBS all access because we get a new DVR?

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

You must have X1 to use any of the streaming apps with a Comcast cable box. Also, Comcast is starting to not give out true DVR's anymore. They are relying more and more on their Cloud DVR service. For newer users, you get something like 20 hours for free, and can pay extra for more storage space.
________
Not all X1 boxes are compatible, and the cloud dvr is in not in all markets and for new accounts not necessarily when swapping equipment
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

New to the Community?

Start Here