XfinityJohnL's profile

Administrator

• 

154 Messages

Wed, Jun 26, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

ANSWERED: How to get help in the Xfinity My Account App?

The Xfinity My Account app now allows you to ask for help and receive specific solutions and self-help options available within the app.

The Xfinity My Account app will examine your recent account history - including any service errors, outages, appointments and self-installations - and provide smart help options, or help you schedule a call with a Comcast representative, if necessary.

Note: This new functionality is currently only available to primary account holders with Apple devices.

Steps to Get Help in the Xfinity My Account App

1. First, open the Xfinity My Account app.
  2. Tap the help message on the home screen.
    Home screen help message

The app will provide some relevant self-help options and provide the opportunity to ask another question by tapping Ask in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. You will see the relevant self-help options at the top of the screen, commonly asked questions in the middle and a space to enter a separate question at the bottom.
    Xfinity Assistant How can we help? screen

When you click an option or enter a question, more detailed information and options will be presented to you.
    Xfinity Assistant screen with a question asked and option presented for troubleshooting.

For help with your Comcast account and billing, try asking:

• How do I make a payment?
  • What’s my balance?
  • Upgrade my Xfinity Internet service.
  • Can I add new channels?
  • What is this charge?

For troubleshooting help, try entering:

• Error on my TV.
  • My Internet is slow.
  • I have a home security issue.
  • Find information on Voice features.

Other common requests include:

• Need to reset my password.
  • Help with an appointment.
  • Self-installation help.
  • Find the Xfinity Stream app.

Frequently Asked Question

What if the Xfinity My Account App Doesn't Help Me Solve My Issue?

If the problem has not been fixed, options to call or view relevant FAQs will be presented to you within the application.

Additional Resources

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here