ANSWERED: Xfinity Home Launches New Touchscreen Controller User Interface
Effective January 9th 2016, XFINITY Home will deploy a new user interface in all regions to the following devices:
- Existing TCA203 Touchscreen Controllers over the course of the next two months
- All newly-installed TCA203 and XH1-TC Touchscreen Controllers
The new user interface has a number of key features, including:
- A single app experience (no launch required to view or interact with devices)
- Improved alert and trouble help messaging
- More intuitive arming error messaging
- Improved screensaver experience
- Integrated weather experience (instead of a separate weather app)
- Guided walkthrough
- Persistent unresolved trouble list
There are a number of other changes from the old Touchscreen Controller user interface, including:
- Some apps have been removed, including Sports, Help, Sudoku, Weather, Clock, Word of the Day, News and Calculator.
- Fire Panic and Medical Panic have both been removed, but Police Panic remains.
- In case of fire or medical emergency, it is better to dial 911 directly, as they can Geolocate, respond real-time and assist with active events.
For additional information about this change see here: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/home-security/touchscreen-getting-started-unified/