CS2010's profile

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

Wed, Oct 27, 2021 4:01 AM

This evening a Comcast Rep Told Me

that while I could not get backup batteries through Comcast for my XB3 gateway, if I brought it in to a Comcast store, I could swap it for free for an XB6, then call 1-888-972-1261 to buy a backup battery for that one so my residential voice service through Comcast would not constantly be offline everytime the internet goes down.  She said the battery cost is $164. Is this true?  Has anyone done this?

Official Employee

• 

237 Messages

3 m ago

Hi, @CS2010! That information is correct. We would need to swap out your modem for the XB6, and our team can assist you with placing the order for the backup battery. Our backup battery is $165 with a one time $5.95 shipping charge. If you would like to place the order, please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you.

CS2010

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

3 m ago

Thank you for your answer. I found many posts by others with the same question, I guess the battery only works as backup so long as it's a local power outage and it only works to prolong phone service , not internet service, for up to 7 hours, so maybe just switching to smartphone wifi is better. I still miss the good ol' days of reliable landlines!

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here