U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Aug 20, 2021 6:29 PM

No phone service/dial tone after upgrade to Netgear 2050V

I've upgraded my cable modem to a Netgear 2050V. With the old modem my phone service worked fine. After upgrading the modem and working with 2 online chat agents and 1 escalated agent on the phone, we could not get dial tone to work. They have done provisioning, reprovisioning, factory reset, reboots, and various levels of reprovisioning. Internet works fine BTW. I have also reached out to the Netgear community but this seems like an xfinity provisioning/configuration issue. I'm no xfinity expert of any sort, so I wanted to reach out to see what could be the hangup/cause here.

The cable modem is stuck in:

Provision Status: Establishing Security

And there is 1 event in the MTA log which is:

Title Status EndpointName
2021-08-20 11:07:43 DHCP ERROR:OFFER;REQUESTING;Option 122.3 contains invalid FQDN 0.0.0.0

If it helps also, looking at xfinity connect, the phone number of the line says that voice mail is not enabled but perhaps that is because of the failed turnup.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.....

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

5 m ago

Hi, user_e665e7. We really appreciate your patience and you bearing through the activation process. You're in the right place for help! 

Have you confirmed that this modem has phone service capabilities?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMorgan

Thank you for your time to respond.

This modem is a Xfinity Certified/approved cable modem for voice and internet based upon the website. There are 2 line ports out for phone. My phone is plugged into line 1 but that at this point doesn't matter since the modem won't activate the line as it is in the Establishing Security state and has the FQDN error in the log. I'm only assuming the MTA event log is relevant.

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

Whenever you have a moment please send us a direct message with your first and last name, I'd like to take a look at the status of the modem of this end for you and let you know what we can do for you. 

To send a direct message chat:
First ~ ensure you are signed in. You will then see a chat icon toward the upper right corner of your page. Click that icon or follow this link: https://comca.st/3dymapU.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with the message. I'll be on standby. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here