U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 28, 2021 7:20 PM

connecting fax to xb7 modem

I have a older lexmark x5650 all in one printer/fax  I just got an upgraded modem the xb7 and now my fax will not work I previously had a xb6 modem and the fax worked I tried connecting the same way as it was with the xb6 and it didn't work so I tried directly connecting the fax to the modem and still it doesn't work   any help would be appreciated

Official Employee

• 

319 Messages

3 m ago

@user_fa017e, I am so sorry your fax doesn't seem to be working anymore! Just to make sure, have you tried to pug it into the jacks on the back of your modem to see if that fixes anything? Was it working wirelessly or was it plugged in before? If you have tried some things to get it working, you can also send me a DM as well! 

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJosephB thank you for your reply

in the past it was wired direct as it is an older fax and it doesn't support wifi  with the xb6 modem xfinity had a telephone junction box where the tele line  plugged into it and then there was a line which they split and there was one plug which was the blue and white wire which was used for my telephone line and still is  the other plug is a green and white wire, what i use to do with the xb6 box was remove the telephone line from the splitter box and plug in the fax then I would remove the blue and white wire from the modem and replace it with the green and white and it would work the reason I had to switch wires was because the xb6 only had one telephone input line I have tried doing the same thing with the new modem and no good I have also tried connecting the fax  directly to the modem and still nothing no matter what configuration I have tried still no luck with the fax 

Official Employee

• 

384 Messages

Hi there @user_fa017e! I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues connecting your fax machine to your XB^ modem.

Please visit https://comca.st/3CxOFyi to see if your fax machine is compatible. Let us know if you have any other questions. 😊

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

thanks for the tip I did check and my fax is not on the list for uncompatible faxes it worked with the xb6 modem and not with this new one the xb7 is there an adapter that is needed

Official Employee

• 

577 Messages

It should be just the normal connections. I am wondering though, did you just do a modem swap or did you make any other changes? Are any other devices having issues connecting? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChristina      yes all i had done was a modem swap everything else is working there is a small box that the phone line plugs into and then there is a line from that that goes to the modem that is the way it was connected previously also  if I connect the phone line directly to the modem the phone will not work thats why I was wondering if there is an adapter needed that comcast failed to include with the new modem   thanks for your reply

New to the Community?

Start Here