reggie77's profile

Contributor

• 

186 Messages

Tue, May 31, 2022 1:19 AM

Can't Receive Some Phone Calls

I had Xfinity installed on Sunday, phone number was transferred from Fios. All appeared to go well, the tech was able to call my number and call his phone from my number. I was able to call and receive a call with my cell.  However, a family member tried to call several times yesterday and today but could not get through. Others have, but she has not. I have not set up any call forwarding or blocked numbers. Her call didn't go to voice mail either.

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

4 m ago

Hi, @reggie77! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY over our forums page for help with the voice service concern. I am sorry to learn about this experience with your family member not being able to get through. I rely on my voice service to communicate with my family members too, so I can understand the inconvenience that this can cause. We can help. To get started, would you mind sending us a private message with your first/last name and full address, so I can pull up the account and take a look at what's going on?

reggie77

Contributor

• 

186 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ When I enter your name in the private message it doesn't work. I only see XfinityGabrielS

Official Employee

• 

431 Messages

Sorry for the confusion @reggie77. Here is the correct step by step process to sending us a message: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3x4ksX8

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3acLRNA for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here