Rmette221's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Caller ID on television

I have Xfinity cable and internet. I do not have xfinity voice, nor a landline. Recently, caller id has been displaying a phone number on my screen. Just not sure why or how since I am not signed up for any phone service and therefore should not even have a phone number.

Responses

MikeB39A

Problem Solver

• 

460 Messages

5 m ago

@Rmette221 wrote:
I have Xfinity cable and internet. I do not have xfinity voice, nor a landline. Recently, caller id has been displaying a phone number on my screen. Just not sure why or how since I am not signed up for any phone service and therefore should not even have a phone number.

Hmm...maybe your cell # is connected to your account and the modem/set top box has access.

Official Employee

• 

369 Messages

5 m ago

@Rmette221, Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your caller Id concerns. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I can certainly understand how caller Id populating on your tv when you have a phone that is not ringing or subscribed to can be kinda freaky. I would love to ensure that I get to the bottom of this with you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: https://comca.st/35FkfMg

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here