billmich88888's profile

Contributor

• 

691 Messages

Wed, Jun 15, 2022 5:13 PM

Forum question, some posts are tagged closed, other have "accepted solution" by them, or "official solution"?

what does it mean when I see a post I just made and it says "private" .

Did I post using some weird privacy setting? 

Can others not see it?

Official Employee

• 

150 Messages

6 months ago

@billmich88888 Thanks for reaching out to us, if you see your post marked as private that means that you may have provided personal information or could have violated one of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines. You can take a look at the guidelines at any point in time just to refresh your memory of what should or shouldn't be posted in our forums. If you see a post marked as private only you would be able to see that post.

Contributor

• 

691 Messages

@XfinityJamie​ 

can you provide me with the link to those guidelines

perhaps my post about peacock not being free for much longer containing links to news sites was in violation

I did not post anything "personal"

Official Employee

• 

150 Messages

@billmich8888 You can find the Xfinity Forum Guidelines by following this link: Forums Guidelines We do appreciate your feedback on the Peacock streaming service. Please let me know if you are having any other issues with your Xfinity service?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

5.4K Messages

6 months ago

I saw that post marked private too. Don't who or why it was marked. So I replied in private since I knew you would see it. Maybe it was a link 

Contributor

• 

691 Messages

6 months ago

i have not received your private response - and i deleted the thread anyways

i did have links to news stories about the situation - didnt know that was so bad

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.2K Messages

6 months ago

For reference: Forum Administrator @XfinityJessie has posted:

... the forum will automatically privatize any post that either has some type of guideline violation or has images attached. Images are typically approved by our team within 24-48 hours after being posted ...

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/disappearing-forum-posts/606894c37437b81d05b7b638?commentId=606b25cb322c887da0f3c0a2

Contributor

• 

691 Messages

@BruceW​ thank you

i did not know posting a link puts the post under review, but that's not a permanent thing

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here