Chrissy15221's profile

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 11:27 PM

answer a question

Where do I find questions in need of answers  ? 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 months ago

@Chrissy15221 The reason you automatically got logged in without inputting your email and password is either because of browser cookies/cache or because you had another tab open where you were already authenticated under your Xfinity profile (i.e. an Xfinity My Account page, another forum page, etc.).

As for finding posts that need responses, you can find those by scrolling down the Xfinity Forum homepage and navigating to the "Latest Topic" section. From there you can click on any post there or click "View More" to see more posts that have recently been posted/participated in. From the category level, you can navigate down the page to see posts or click on a board and see posts there.

Additional information  about navigating and using these forums can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/getting-started-in-the-xfinity-help-support-forum/602d9c64c5375f08cd573fd2 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

2 months ago

@Chrissy15221 

What's the question you have an answer for?

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

None yet , I thought I would take a look and see if I can help out .

Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

@Chrissy15221​ 

Just visit the Forums.  If you feel you can help others, please do so!  But remember, stick to our Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

On the homepage , when I tap on a category nothing happens ? 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hey, @Chrissy15221! Thanks for getting back to us! I apologize to hear that you are having issues navigating the forums. When you visit the forums what browser are you using? Haven you tried to clear the cache and relaunch the forums to see if it responds?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

XfinityMichaelC  : 

I went to Safari settings and cleared the history & website data . I signed out of the community .  When I signed  back in , my profile picture appeared , but I didn't enter my Xfinity ID & password  ?  

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221 The reason you automatically got logged in without inputting your email and password is either because of browser cookies/cache or because you had another tab open where you were already authenticated under your Xfinity profile (i.e. an Xfinity My Account page, another forum page, etc.).

As for finding posts that need responses, you can find those by scrolling down the Xfinity Forum homepage and navigating to the "Latest Topic" section. From there you can click on any post there or click "See More" to see more posts that have recently been posted/participated in. From the category level, you can navigate down the page to see posts or click on a board and see posts there.

Additional information  about navigating and using these forums can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/getting-started-in-the-xfinity-help-support-forum/602d9c64c5375f08cd573fd2 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

This reply has been converted into a comment

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

XfinityJessie

Hi Jessie ,

The reason you automatically got logged in without inputting your email and password is either because of browser cookies/cache or because you had another tab open where you were already authenticated under your Xfinity profile (i.e. an Xfinity My Account page, another forum page, etc.).  … yes , authenticated by my correct email address , the community insists on using the old , non-existent one .  I'll make sure that I'm not signed in for any other Xfinity services and try it again.  I'll post again with the results .  
Thank you very much for your support . ( I will hang on to your topics / boards information  for reference and check out your link.) 

💯 Your screen shots and drawings are very helpful .

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

Am I in the right place ?  Are Community Forum and Community Center the same ?

I am experiencing two issues with using this platform  :  On the Homepage , when I tap on a category , nothing happens .  Additionally , I put much thought & time into a post and it goes away " refresh page "  .  I'm not trying to re-write posts here .  
       It's maddening to navigate under these circumstances . 🚧

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Using the Community Forum

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221,

The Community Center is a board within the Xfinity Forum. It is used for people to discuss/ask questions related to the Forum specifically. The rest of the forum is for our Comcast products and services. 

When you state that you are having issues with accessing Categories, can you please describe what you mean in more detail or possibly include images? This will allow us to better to understand your concern and get it addressed.

I see a number of posts authored by you recently, can you please elaborate more on what you mean by "I put much thought & time into a post and it goes away " refresh page "". I have received no other complaints from users about what you are mentioning. Again, can you provide additional information and/or screenshots of whatever error you are experiencing? 

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

Thank you for the clarification .  

On the Homepage , I tap on one of the categories assuming that will lead me to the posts but nothing happens .  Is it supposed to open it ?  
       I meant that it took me a while to think about & type up my question and when nearly completed , it went away (refresh .)  I would have to start all over again and didn't have the opportunity to do so at the time .  
      Just because you haven't received any other complaints from users about it doesn't mean it didn't happen .  
🪄

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221 Thank you for including images. When clicking on a category icon from the Homepage, it will take you to the category page. From there you should see the boards associated with that category and if scrolling down the page you should see all posts for that category. If you click on a board you will see only posts related to that topic (as seen in my original image to you). Again, if you scroll down on any of those pages you should see the posts for that board. This is done to help make it easier for customers to find content they are most interested in and avoid content they may not want to engage in. 

As mentioned by @XfinityMichaelC, if this is not functioning as designed, then you will want to clear your browser's full cache, cookies, and history. That action should ensure that you can access all content within the forum and navigate through categories and to boards/posts as needed. 

As for the post "refresh" you are experiencing, can you please provide a screen recording of this happening? If this is occurring for you with regularity, we will want to get it documented and reported so it can get resolved. Without evidence of what you are experiencing or other user reports, we will not be able to properly diagnose and resolve this for you. Any additional information, images, videos you can provide will help to make troubleshooting this issue much easier. Thank you in advance for your help.

Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

2 months ago

@Chrissy15221 

Instead of doing a copy/paste from a post you're replying to, it's easier to just use the quote icon which is the next to the last icon in the format bar below when you type.  It also helps everyone to know who you are replying to.  ;)

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

2 months ago

Hi Mr. Again ,

💡 Thanks for the tip , I had no clue .  It would be ideal to see text below the icons for folks like me who aren't sure of their meanings  .  I'll try it out next time .

Expert

• 

30.3K Messages

@Chrissy15221

Hi Mr. Again ,

💡 Thanks for the tip , I had no clue .  It would be ideal to see text below the icons for folks like me who aren't sure of their meanings  .  I'll try it out next time .

You can hover your mouse over the icons to see what they represent.

Also, if you @ tag someone in a conversation [besides the first @ tag] that person should get a notification that you also responded to them.  So, you're already @ tagged because I replied to you but if I wanted to include Jessie, I would also @ tag her @XfinityJessie as an example.  When you click on reply under someone's post they are automatically @ tagged.

I hope that helps!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here